How's the klone pedal by ryra?

MetalThrasher

GAS got me and I ordered this pedal! How does this compare to the following that I currently have in my rotation for different amps:
Duncan 805
TS9
Precision Drive
Hellmouth

Most of time I'm setting each of these with the volume maxed, tone between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock and a little bit of gain usually around 7 o'clock. Since I've started playing again, I feel like I've been spending money like a drunken sailor on gear LOL!

I'd never heard of Ryra before - just googled em. Definitely looks sweet!

I got in on the pre-order for the TC Electronics Zeus klon clone but I have no idea when they'll actually be shipping. I do still have an old Zoom Power Drive which I'm told is a Klon clone; great sounding pedal for sure.

The Ryra is one of the better klones of what I’ve tried. While it didn’t have the magic of my real Klon when AB’ed, it had the overall eq curve and voicing, just not the same 3D thing, but still a very good sounding pedal. The precision drive will be a lot tighter, more attacky, clanky, more modern, nasal and thinner sounding. 805 will sound more neutral, but probably the most similar sounding to it of what you have. TS9 will be a little tighter, more mid hump, less low mids though, not as thick as a Klon style pedal. Hellmouth I actually haven’t heard of. Will look it up

Love it. I agree it is not an exact clone, but perhaps a bit smoother than many of the other clones, which I happen to dig.

Its one of the better ones.

i've A+Bed a bunch of them, and the rimrock Mythical is the closest - especially the one with the right transistors.

but the ryra is really close.

If your looking for a Klon variant, check out the Rimrock Mythical Overdrive. It’s based on the Klon but not a completion 1:1 copy It’s actually better

Yeah, the Rimrock is the best sounding Klone of the ones I've tried, but I still need to try the Ceriatone one.

I have a RYRA and its good but I finally got a VFE Merman and I like it a little better. Its got 3 extra controls so it doesn't look like (and technically isn't I guess) a clone.

But I had to wait a while for it and I don't know the status of them now.

I had the Ryra Klone for awhile and really enjoyed it. I love Klon type pedals but I havent tried the original or will I ever. Seeing that music is win dude doing videos about buying an original klon is the lamest flex ever.

I need to try Ceriatone's and I guess a Rimrock now...

Back