HSAS was one helluva good band...

Gainzilla

Their clothing choices were questionable but they sure could brng it and I wish that we got more than one album from them... I used to jam to this CD Constantly!!!

Neal just tears it up all over this

HSAS is a permanent fixture on my ipod

Thanks for posting this Kage....
just tonite we were playing some old Montrose.....and Hagar tunes!! :rock:
Heavy Metal and Rock Candy!!!

Love it!! ;)

Danno

Yeah, I wore that one out back in the day as well.

I'm fairly certain I had a Hagar jones that would rival your Schon jones.

Before teh internetz, I never met anyone else who had even heard of that HSAS album, let alone liked it as much as I did.

One of my favorites, I also wore this tape out in the 80's.
I was just playin' this on the Ipod the other day and
saying to myself "Fuck, Neil is a complete Monster on this Album"!!! :rock:
Very underrated band, that flew under the radar for a short time.

Great vids kage ! Brought me right back to those times...
It was'nt HSAS , but I saw bad english in a bar up here in Albany and I was 4ft in front in Neal the whole show ..It was an experience I'll never forget . Chatted shortly with him after the show .

Mailman1971":3iwso3vi said:
Thanks for posting this Kage....
just tonite we were playing some old Montrose.....and Hagar tunes!! :rock:
Heavy Metal and Rock Candy!!!

Love it!! ;)

Danno

Yo Danno!!!! its pretty hard to beat Old Montrose, I still listen to that stuff today lol, Rock Candy and Bad Motor Scooter are rock staples for me!!

ctoddrun":hum504ea said:
Yeah, I wore that one out back in the day as well.

I'm fairly certain I had a Hagar jones that would rival your Schon jones.

For the most part, I like Sammy. Obviously, I loved him in HSAS( which may be my favorite offerings from both Sammy and Neal). I definitely liked some of VH stuff but not all of it, solo take or leave and the same with Chickenfoot. These 2 need to get together again,,,

Capulin Overdrive":195izmvu said:
damn! :LOL: :LOL:

how many projects did Neil do? :confused:

i've got this vinyl.

Schon has done ASSLOADS outside of Journey and I have them all. The guy just wants to play and make music...

Inca Roads":23bgc6v8 said:
One of my favorites, I also wore this tape out in the 80's.
I was just playin' this on the Ipod the other day and
saying to myself "Fuck, Neil is a complete Monster on this Album"!!! :rock:
Very underrated band, that flew under the radar for a short time.

I think that Neal is pretty underrated largely due to his work in Journey( Steve Perry/Jonathan Cain Era) I obviously love that stuff. The early days of Journey was progressive rock fusion with Neal wailing all over it...

Its hard to knock a guy who had superstars like carlos santana and eric clapton basically begging him to play in their bands at 14!!! The guy has been at it for a LONG time and hes still kicking ass...

chobley":21jqx8eu said:
Great vids kage ! Brought me right back to those times...
It was'nt HSAS , but I saw bad english in a bar up here in Albany and I was 4ft in front in Neal the whole show ..It was an experience I'll never forget . Chatted shortly with him after the show .
Hey Chobes, wassup Bro? I wasnt a huge fan of Bad English(Mostly due to John Waits) but I saw them live 2x and they rocked hard and Neal definitely brought it!!

A small bit of Trivia, When Bad English was a forming, the guitar spot came down to 2 people, Neal and an unknown guy by the name of Andy Timmons. Andy told me that he didint have a prayer against Schon, he was well known and alot more seasoned..

Theres a video pf the San Antonio Show floating around. I used to have a copy of it on VHS that got lost in the shuffle years ago. Im going to have to find another copy but Ill never know why they didnt officially release it.

Kage

Kage - do you have the FM simulcast HSAS show? I think it was recorded in California... had a few more songs than the HSAS album release, and didn't have the extra overdubbed guitars that pop up here and there on the album. If not, PM me and I'll send you a copy.

Pete

stratotone":2z0f1bjh said:
Kage - do you have the FM simulcast HSAS show? I think it was recorded in California... had a few more songs than the HSAS album release, and didn't have the extra overdubbed guitars that pop up here and there on the album. If not, PM me and I'll send you a copy.

Pete
Hey Pete!!! I ws just going to ask you the same but I think that its Live from San Antonio and yes I have that. Neal said in an interview that they wrote 20 songs in 2 weeks and wanted to do more live but the songs were so involved that they had to trim some of them out of the live show because they kept screwing them up and didint have alot of time to practice before they hit the road. pretty amazing considering how tight they sound...

Kage

Great album, some of Schon's best playing IMO. They should have done at least one more with this lineup. :rock:

Back