Humming/Static Noise From Speaker When Using Pedal Board

randomdude

Hey guys, first post here. Having a bit of a frustrating issue which I hope is an easy solution. I am not a tech guy so Im sure my diagnostic check needs some assistance and thats why I am here. I will try to make this brief while giving all the info I can to help you guys figure this out.

Bogner Atma amp with Bogner 2x12 celestion V30's. When using my guitar straight into the amp, I have no problems at all.

I have a few pedals on a pedal board with a Voodoo Lab 4x4 pedal power running all of the pedals.

I have had this setup for a few years and have had no issues until a few weeks ago when I started hearing a humming/staticky noise.

Took the pedal board out of the equation and plugged my guitar directly into the amp and the noise was not there.

Bought a new 4x4 pedal power thinking that was the solution and NOPE. Still having the noise issue.

I began to unplug the cables going from the pedals to the 4x4 pedal power 1 at a time. As soon as i got to my Elextro Harmonix Freeze pedal the noise stopped when I unplugged it. You would think thats the end of it right? Nope.

I took that pedal out of the chain and still have the noise. began to unplug the remaining pedals 1 by 1 and nothing happened.

Im at a standstill here. I have videos that i am trying to post now but I figured I will post this first and see if you guys have any initial thoughts.

thanks guys

Back