I’m back…Wizard MTL

1meanplexi

This is my 4th Wizard. Like most gear nuts, I was always selling, buying blah…blah….blah.

I finally have my rig. MTL, Wizard 4x12 and 2x12. Yes….I’ll still flip gear but this Mother Fu$&er is staying.!
52603A13-7AD1-4B37-BA64-5FAFF5641C16.jpeg

Cool rig! What speakers are in Wizard cabs? And what are the cab impedances? Just wondering if you run it all together how the impedances work out.

Wow. That rig is a force of nature. I hope you never sell it. I just got a couple Wizards I hope i never have to sell.

This is my 4th Wizard. Like most gear nuts, I was always selling, buying blah…blah….blah.

I finally have my rig. MTL, Wizard 4x12 and 2x12. Yes….I’ll still flip gear but this Mother Fu$&er is staying.!View attachment 84086
Wow dude you must really love Wizard amps! I’d love to try one some day but they are super rare. Before I drop that much scratch on an amp, I’d have to try one.

Wow dude you must really love Wizard amps! I’d love to try one some day but they are super rare. Before I drop that much scratch on an amp, I’d have to try one.
That’s why so many people have had so many. You usually have to buy to try. It’s so much money, that among the way we convince ourselves we can get close enough for less. Then after burning and selling a couple other amps and losing even more money, we realized that only a Wizard does what a Wizard does. If that’s what you want you go back. Rinse and repeat. I’m on number 5. Doing my best not to need to sell it for financial reasons.

That’s why so many people have had so many. You usually have to buy to try. It’s so much money, that among the way we convince ourselves we can get close enough for less. Then after burning and selling a couple other amps and losing even more money, we realized that only a Wizard does what a Wizard does. If that’s what you want you go back. Rinse and repeat. I’m on number 5. Doing my best not to need to sell it for financial reasons.
How does Wizard compare to Diezel, KSR, and Omega amps for high gain in terms of dry/wet, tightness and tone? I already have two nice expensive high gain amps with my Mezzabarba MZero and Bogner Uberschall Twinjet.

I have not owned KSR, Omega or Diezel. I have tried out a Diezel herbert, and have owned every revision of Bogner uberschall's, and I will say that Wizard amps are THE MOST huge/3D, air moving amps, PERIOD. They are also the most uncompressed, open, but somehow remaining tight tracking. If you want a tight uncompressed huge open sound, Wizard.

How does Wizard compare to Diezel, KSR, and Omega amps for high gain in terms of dry/wet, tightness and tone? I already have two nice expensive high gain amps with my Mezzabarba MZero and Bogner Uberschall Twinjet.
Haven't owned a Diezel (would love to try a VH4 in particular) but I've owned a Wizard MTL, KSR Gemini and Omega Granophyre.

The Wizard, as lessarti put it, has a huge 3-D uncompressed sound that slays. Excellent clean channel too I might add. While uncompressed, I never found my MTL to be stiff or difficult to play. It translates what your hands are doing and is insanely fast tracking. I would describe the vibe as a great blend of vintage and modern. Unreal clarity!

The KSR and Omega are both very modern amps. The Gemini I had I really enjoyed, just wasn't the sound I'm looking for. Really cool clean channel and tons of tonal shaping options that actually do something and are useful. Great clarity and tracking. Kyle is an absolute class act and sweet dude. Love to see his success.

The Omega I had only a few days and sent back. They said the amp was fine but I really feel like there was something off with it. Was a loud hum coming from the amp itself when I powered it on. Quick attack but somehow sounded distant and 2-D. This one felt stiff to play too. No problems at all with communication and they delivered on time.

Cool well then Wizard would be worth saving up for since I love the wide open 3D sound of my Mezzabarba amp which is huge and uncompressed. Hand wired point to point quality similar to Wizard and the red custom Onari transformers rock.

I think the twin jet was one of my favorite amps I had. It is voiced more dark than a wizard. I don't know about the mezzabarba. I had a VH2 that I thought was a kick ass amp, too. I never messed witht he omega or ksr. I think the diezel has a great high gain tone. little darker and smoother than a slo. The Twin jet has a better high gain tone than the diezel and slo in my opinion , but it is very smooth and polished also. The Wizard is Rude and very strong in upper mids. Very in your face. Might take some getting used to to change from that structure. I was into the darker side of amps also. After a couple days, the Wizard had me hooked. I say buy one and have the twin at the same time. If you don't like the wizard, sell it. You can probably buy one of classified and then resell it for same price if it isn't your thing. But maybe before you sell the wizard, pack it up and pretend you sold it just in case, lol. I could never get rid of this Nasty Bitch.

I think the twin jet was one of my favorite amps I had. It is voiced more dark than a wizard. I don't know about the mezzabarba. I had a VH2 that I thought was a kick ass amp, too. I never messed witht he omega or ksr. I think the diezel has a great high gain tone. little darker and smoother than a slo. The Twin jet has a better high gain tone than the diezel and slo in my opinion , but it is very smooth and polished also. The Wizard is Rude and very strong in upper mids. Very in your face. Might take some getting used to to change from that structure. I was into the darker side of amps also. After a couple days, the Wizard had me hooked. I say buy one and have the twin at the same time. If you don't like the wizard, sell it. You can probably buy one of classified and then resell it for same price if it isn't your thing. But maybe before you sell the wizard, pack it up and pretend you sold it just in case, lol. I could never get rid of this Nasty Bitch.
Cool. Yeah I already have the Uberschall and MZero that do thrash metal well. Looking at Wizard MTL or MC II amps. I’m also a fan of ENGL amps like the Fireball and Savage.

Back