I always missed my Bogner Ecstasy 101b. Had it 3 different times.......

CarlF

so I got the Synergy module. IMO, it does a fine job of capturing the sound of the head. I am sold on the Synergy stuff.

1639162903686.png

One of the best features on the Bogner isn’t even in the preamp, but is the presence knob. That one knob alone can bring about many different tones of an XTC.

I love mine. I won’t part with it willingly. I’d sell my metroplex before I let go of my Bogner 101b.

Every clip I’ve heard of the Vai sounds pretty nice. It’s such a unique tone. The pricing of the synergy stuff is a little much for me but I love the idea of it. Not so much the modules but it seems the pieces that hold the modules are crazy expensive. Isn’t the Syn 2 800$?

Are you using the Boss Tube Expander as a Power Amp with the Syn 2? If you are, how is that working for you? Do you like the tones?
I am. I was at first skeptical about a SS power amp but I liken it to mic'ing your amp thru a PA System.
There is no coloration. The delay and reverb on board saves me putting effects pedals in a loop.
I've been going back and forth between the Suhr SL68, Soldano SLO100 and the Synergy modules. IMO, the modules can easily hang tone-wise with the heads. Actually, had I ventured into the Synergy stuff earlier, I wouldn't have bought my current heads. I feel they are that good.
Back to the Boss TAE. I like the clean power. Personally, I'm not looking for power-tube saturation. I thought I'd miss the Presence and Depth of a regular power amp but even when I had my Fryette Power Stations, I kept them OFF. Not missing them at all, and if I did, the Boss has a Graphic and Parametric EQ.

I am. I was at first skeptical about a SS power amp but I liken it to mic'ing your amp thru a PA System.
There is no coloration. The delay and reverb on board saves me putting effects pedals in a loop.
I've been going back and forth between the Suhr SL68, Soldano SLO100 and the Synergy modules. IMO, the modules can easily hang tone-wise with the heads. Actually, had I ventured into the Synergy stuff earlier, I wouldn't have bought my current heads. I feel they are that good.
Back to the Boss TAE. I like the clean power. Personally, I'm not looking for power-tube saturation. I thought I'd miss the Presence and Depth of a regular power amp but even when I had my Fryette Power Stations, I kept them OFF. Not missing them at all, and if I did, the Boss has a Graphic and Parametric EQ.
Thank you for the response. I have just got a Tube Expander and have a Syn 1 laying around. I'm going to try that combo to see how it sounds.

I run both the uberschall and ecstacy modules into my VHT 2150 and it's so bad ass. Uberschall a bit more aggro, Ecstacy more chewy but slays with a boost. Saved a ton of money compared to buying those two heads, plus I have stereo. Love Synergy!

Other than this thread, all the others I have seen say they all sound the same. Sounds like the perfect solution for amp gas but I'm still skeptical.. though you all are making me want to try it.

Other than this thread, all the others I have seen say they all sound the same. Sounds like the perfect solution for amp gas but I'm still skeptical.. though you all are making me want to try it.
One thing to keep in mind is that many players are always using the same power amp when switching preamp modules. So there will be that similarity compared to A/Bing two different amps with entirely different power sections.

I can agree that many of the high gain modules sound close, especially if I'm boosting with the same OD in front. I pretty much always crank treble and bass on the Synergy modules, and adjust mids to taste. All these factors contribute to them sounding close to each other 👍

2 months ago dude was going to trade me an XTC for my modded Marshall.
It was on again/off again for 2 days. Dude couldn't keep his word.
I told him to take a hike.
Im glad i still have my Marshall.

Every clip I’ve heard of the Vai sounds pretty nice. It’s such a unique tone. The pricing of the synergy stuff is a little much for me but I love the idea of it. Not so much the modules but it seems the pieces that hold the modules are crazy expensive. Isn’t the Syn 2 800$?
+1 to this. I was a bit peaved lately when I found out that their original commitment to backwards compatibility with the old MTS line isn't true, either. I really want to try the Synergy modules, but I have no interest in going back to a rack again and their head is silly expensive for only 2 slots and 1/2 the features of the old Randall/Egnater heads. Maybe one day 😭

Back