I am loving this 5150-III 6l6 50 watt more and more!

I want to try one really bad. I heard Wes Borlands live tone, it sounded monsterous. The German flag guitar through one...yeah I bet it sounds badass.

My Brotha....This is torture. Haven't had mine since May 2021. Been scoping internet nonstop for options....Bought one, showed up damaged, so returned. But none have popped up since. Love that amp. I literally lived on the Blue/Boosted, and the green cleans with volume knob rolled on guitar. Somedays I'd bust on the red/no boost needed. Plus mine was the earlier model with greenbacks. The new concentric pots combos have GH anniversaries. Don't know why they would switch a good thing? Cheaper perhaps? I shoulda never sold mine, but thought I had to for room in the POD when moving across country. Damnit! Still pissed. Plus, nobody wants to ship that thing.

My Brotha....This is torture. Haven't had mine since May 2021. Been scoping internet nonstop for options....Bought one, showed up damaged, so returned. But none have popped up since. Love that amp. I literally lived on the Blue/Boosted, and the green cleans with volume knob rolled on guitar. Somedays I'd bust on the red/no boost needed. Plus mine was the earlier model with greenbacks. The new concentric pots combos have GH anniversaries. Don't know why they would switch a good thing? Cheaper perhaps? I shoulda never sold mine, but thought I had to for room in the POD when moving across country. Damnit! Still pissed. Plus, nobody wants to ship that thing.
Dude, hang in there man you'll get one again!! I wish you lived closer and I'd give you a great deal on my EL34 S combo!! Of course I'm sure you would rather have the 6l6. Something will come yo way!!

I've only ever played (very briefly) the original 100 watt 5153 head.....pretty sure it was fucked up though because like two weeks after my buddy bought it it died completely :(

I'd still love to give these a proper playthrough

Yeah, that's why I didn't judge the amp based on that experience. At the time I thought it was very underwhelming but like I said I'm positive something was wrong with it

Back