I am struggling to understand the columbus user manual - QQ

donting101

Quick question

Does it matter if the columbus runs directly into the herbert or not?
meaning, do i have to run the columbus to the midi in on the herbert before it'll switch anything on the head? or can i run it in other pedals first and then Finally into the herbert?

i am trying to run the columbus into the midi IN of 2 other devices on my floor board (eventide time factor, and RJM midi gizmo), and then from there into the herbert to keep the shortest cable runs. the columbus recognizes the RJM immediately and works fine switching loops in and out - not yet with the eventide but i havent read the manual for that yet so i'll come to that later. but in terms of the herbert, i press store, and it does not save my channels to the preset patch on the columbus

The advantage to run it directly into Herbert (XLR cable) is that it will be fed via phantom power. If you don't mind to have multiple power supplies on your pedal board, then simply run it into other(midi) pedals.

The benefit is not there when I am having to run a midi cable all the way back to the board to control to control the midi controlled effects ie time factor etc. I have a voodoo labs 4x4 which powers everything so no power issues

What I am asking is if the Herbert will function via the Columbus If it is not the first thing in the chain connected. Eventide midi out. Rjm midi in. Rjm midi out. Interface. Herbert midi in

It is currently not responding

Thanks

It should. Just a question of the midi channels you've selcted. See Herbert manual to program the correct midi channel please.

Back