I don't get some of these Reverb sellers

I wouldn't stress over it too badly. After all, you got a comparable guitar at a better price right?

There are, however, a considerable contingent of folks here that firmly believe if you have the audacity to try to haggle or even ask about a "best price" then you should be blacklisted and ridiculed.. Doomed to wear the cone of shame for all eternity!

Whatever floats the boat I guess. :dunno:

I don’t see any ridiculing or blacklisting going on, just us trying to help the OP understand something he seems confused about. The seller did nothing wrong here

I wouldn't stress over it too badly. After all, you got a comparable guitar at a better price right?

There are, however, a considerable contingent of folks here that firmly believe if you have the audacity to try to haggle or even ask about a "best price" then you should be blacklisted and ridiculed.. Doomed to wear the cone of shame for all eternity!

I go to Home Depot and try to haggle price!

This is a dumb comment.
If you don't haggle price on used gear, you are either inexperienced in buying used or plain stupid.

This is a dumb comment.
If you don't haggle price on used gear, you are either inexperienced in buying used or plain stupid.
Me thinks your comprehension skills ain't so good. I'm pretty much saying the same thing.

Me thinks your comprehension skills ain't so good. I'm pretty much saying the same thing.
Maybe its your sentence that I quoted?
Or you dont know how to string words together?
Are you are telling me you are quoting another?

sounds more to me like he stopped dealing with you for being greedy, not the other way around :dunno: he offered what you said was a totally fine price especially for a hard to find item but that wasnt good enough for you and you continued to haggle and the dude was like fuck this
Beat me to it!! I sometimes get tired of dealing with people and say the hell with it. People want good deals but to me offering a lowball price just pisses people off.

See I don’t ask what anyone’s best price is. I make an offer if offers are enabled, if they counter, and we reach a deal, cool. But if the counter is very close to the asking price, I’ll politely say “Thanks for responding. “x” is my budget to work with including shipping, but again, thanks for your consideration.”

Then I leave it alone. More often than not, within a day or two I get an offer counter at my budget that was communicated.

Maybe its your sentence that I quoted?
Or you dont know how to string words together?
Are you are telling me you are quoting another?

You lost me. You called my comment dumb, and then proceeded to back up the point of the comment I just made. Had me scratching me head is all. I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of folks here that feel if you try to haggle, then you're automatically marked as a time waster, or a coward, or whatever. Reference the thread I linked above for more context.

Not trying to be a dick, but I would have gotten sick of the haggling too.

Different people have different tolerances for it.

The reason he wouldn't accept the offer is because he got Super Haggler™ vibes from your interaction.

He most likely thinks you're one of those dudes thats going to magically find his shipped item ""damaged"" and demand a partial refund to cover the deal you wouldn't take.

That's probably not true, but there's a lot of "super hagglers" on reverb that always *magically* find a problem with the gear, and *magically* it costs the same as their original low ball offer. It drives me insane.

While you're probably not that type of dude, people have a low tolerance for haggling because of being burned in that way. So I get where he's coming from.

Maybe selling used gear isn't for you if you can't handle haggling. Younger people seem to think santa clause comes around even when it's not Christmastime.

You lost me. You called my comment dumb, and then proceeded to back up the point of the comment I just made. Had me scratching me head is all. I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of folks here that feel if you try to haggle, then you're automatically marked as a time waster, or a coward, or whatever. Reference the thread I linked above for more context.
Grew up in a used car dealership, maybe thats my problem. Or advantage? :dunno:

Sorry about being a dick.:cheers:

You know a mass message goes out to all folks who are interested in the item when an offer is sent… maybe he believes it will set a fire on some of the other watchers to outbid or buy now ?

Neither did the OP from where I'm standing.

As far as the ridiculing and blacklisting, I was referring to this thread:

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/just-make-reasonable-offer.280898/

i must have missed that thread. i dont think the OP did anything wrong with haggling, but if youre gonna make a thread saying you dont understand something then give kind of a skewed vision of the situation acting like you came out on top while calling the seller very mean things like a ugly ass greedy dumb snowflake motherfucker, someones gotta call it out lol. its like my buddy who got a number from a hot chick who gave him the number just to be nice who tells him shes not interested when he texts her, yet he keeps texting to no response then he trys to play it like he cut it off with her and shes really not that hot and a fat hoe and hes better off with the actual fat hoe.. nah dude lol

I had a guy ask me after getting him a shipping quote for international "Is there any wiggle room?" I knew right then and there it was a bust. I still, just for the hell of it said I could do it for X, but no less and never heard from him...lol Of course this is after he said "I've been looking for one of these" and I have the lowest price on the very few that are listed by a few hundred dollars..lol
You just know when you know and it seemed like this seller knew....lol

Back