I have Tele GAS - Who's sportin' one for harder rock?

napalmdeath

I've wanted a Tele for quite some time, but I never really got along with single coils. So, I'm looking for one that may have a stacked humbucker in the bridge, or full-on humbucker, on the used market.

I've been on the fence with this one for some time if I bought new.. I don't know if there's a replacement pick guard that handles regular humbuckers as I'm not sure what to do if I don't like the pickups. They're bigger than standards, and screwed in all funky. The pickguard might be specific to this model..However, I've heard and read good things about these wide range pickups.... I may do some drop-D, but I won't be playing death metal with it by any means.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-vintera-70s-telecaster-deluxe-vintage-blonde
They sound good here!

I play heavy music sometimes with a Tele, but it's a traditional pickup config. It it amazing how clear, cutting and huge a Tele can sound. A tele with humbuckers isn't a tele anymore in my opinion, but some will disagree.

Fender Blacktop Tele. Handles rock and metal just perfect. Added bonus is pissing 'true kvlt metalheads' when playing int death metal band with one :)

I don’t get along with traditional Tele shapes and I hate the headstocks, so I did this one up.

C97CF2FE-D7DB-4067-A076-CAD29A580C64.jpeg

BKP Piledrivers in drop B. Gets heavy as anything else I have, sounds brutal boosted.

Man I would love to have Andy Wood's sig. But I can't swing that kinda dough but yeah after seeing Baroness live my whole perspective on what can be heavy. They were using single coils and Jazz Chorus/fenders and sounded pretty heavy. Not death metal heavy but heavy

Well there are Telecasters and then there are guitars that just have a tele body shape. I personally love a real tele with the traditional bridge plate and brass barrel saddles, twangy/edgy single coil bridge pickup and the fender “deep C” neck profile.

I currently have an American Pro II Tele that is pretty killer. I actually really like the kind of sound you get from it with more gain but the pickups aren’t noiseless so the hum can get a little out of hand.

In the alternative tele realm, I do kinda have GAS for that Schecter PT Apocalypse they used to offer. Probably the only humbucker equipped Tele I have really liked the look of. I hate when they do a Tele but just slap a Strat trem or hard tail bridge on it. It needs the full bridge plate to feel right.

I don’t get along with traditional Tele shapes and I hate the headstocks, so I did this one up.

BKP Piledrivers in drop B. Gets heavy as anything else I have, sounds brutal boosted.
Those piledrivers are super mean sounding, without completely losing the telecaster identity. I wasn't sure about mine when I first got them, but they really grew on me.

Back