I need a 2X12 for portability reasons. Opinions needed.

Which one?

• Vader

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Mesa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earcandy

• Other... Please specify

• Total voters

LordOVchaoS

So my truck is unreliable and my wifes car is too small to fit a 4X12 in so it's time to go 2X12. My choices:

Vader

Earcandy

Mesa

I will more than likely have to sell my Avatar 4X12 to fund whichever I get so I'm kind of turned off by the 6 week+ waiting period for an Earcandy so unless they COMPLETELY own the rest by miles I will eliminate it as a choice.

Please, if you have any other suggestions feel free to comment.

why not try a avatar 212??if you like the 412 sound youll more then likly like the 212...might try a gflex if you want that same bass thump of a 412 in a nice portable 212....id say get a avatar.....cheap and sound great

Buzzbomb is by far the best of the bunch...Just pick out the right speakers for your amp.
Steve

The_Sh0t":c76a6 said:
why not try a avatar 212??if you like the 412 sound youll more then likly like the 212...might try a gflex if you want that same bass thump of a 412 in a nice portable 212....id say get a avatar.....cheap and sound great

I don't really like the sound of my Avatar :D I've just always been too broke to upgrade and every time I do get money I spend it on an amp or a guitar.

SteveVHT":f0abc said:
Buzzbomb is by far the best of the bunch...Just pick out the right speakers for your amp.
Steve

Are they really worth being ampless for 6+ weeks though? I've talked to a couple of people who have been waiting for almost 3 months for an Earcandy and Tim refuses to give them updates on when their cab will be done. I know they're good people and the cabinets kick ass but are they really worth the wait?

I'd say Orange for the sake of clarity and throw, but, I think it'd be harder to get into a smaller car than a 4x12...tis a massive 2x12.

I've never heard the Earcandy cabs in person, but, I've never read a bad thing about them.

The Mesa 2x12's are pretty sweet too though, and they can be had for a reasonable price used.

Rawchannel":e0502 said:
I'd say Orange for the sake of clarity and throw, but, I think it'd be harder to get into a smaller car than a 4x12...tis a massive 2x12.

I know some think it's kinda ghey to take looks into consideration when purchasing gear but anything made by Orange is FUGLY in my opinion. Stuff I buy must look and sound good, I don't like the color Orange.

All of your choices are great cabs, just a matter of picking which one suit's your fancy and budget :)

I can tell you since you have a Dual Rec that they sound fantastic through a plain old Recto 2x12 cab and are pretty affordable used.

I would say Splawn. I had a BuzzBomb and I didn't care for it and quickly sold it. First off, I didn't like the dimensions (my own fault I guess) and it was extremely bright. I prefer the rear loaded Splawn. Plenty of thump and clarity.

LordOVchaoS":e013e said:
So my truck is unreliable and my wifes car is too small to fit a 4X12 in so it's time to go 2X12. My choices:

Vader

Earcandy

Mesa

I will more than likely have to sell my Avatar 4X12 to fund whichever I get so I'm kind of turned off by the 6 week+ waiting period for an Earcandy so unless they COMPLETELY own the rest by miles I will eliminate it as a choice.

Please, if you have any other suggestions feel free to comment.

i think i saw someone with a buzzbomb for sale or trade somewhere. either HC, the gear page or VHT - i'll see if i can find it again.

THD 2x12's are pretty cool too.

LordOVchaoS":3c242 said:

I know some think it's kinda ghey to take looks into consideration when purchasing gear but anything made by Orange is FUGLY in my opinion. Stuff I buy must look and sound good, I don't like the color Orange.

Oh...it's fugly! I just figured it'd be practical to have a cabinet that assaults two of your senses at once. 8)

I think they do come in black though...

I would say another vote for a splawn 2x12. If money is an issue I bought a geezer 2x12 on ebay really cheap. Has more bottom than the avatar 2x12 I used to own. Mesa is a good choice if you are looking for a used one.

Back