I see a lot of new faces here

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
Explain me the TGP being lame thingy please. I am a foreigner, and not an avid forum lurker, so it would be nice to know, as I might not be fully understanding the whole deal.

Explain me the TGP being lame thingy please. I am a foreigner, and not an avid forum lurker, so it would be nice to know, as I might not be fully understanding the whole deal.
TGP- Religious summer camp full of sociopaths and narcissists stroking each other's egos about the way their corks smell.
RT- Two men enter, one man leaves!

TGP- Religious summer camp full of sociopaths and narcissists stroking each other's egos about the way their corks smell.
I sometimes visit it too, never seen something out of boundaries. And some guys there helped me out with info in PMs. But I think I am getting the point!

You'll be fine here at Rig-Talk and you've got 50 posts now. Am I correct that English is not your first language?

Enjoy :cheers:

Just like the dude the other day, he's been here 11 years brudda. :dunno: :LOL: :cheers2:
Doesn't mean s/he has been hanging out with us that long. Just because someone registers 11 years ago doesn't mean they've "put in the time" you know what I mean. I don't know him/her. :dunno: :LOL: :cheers2:

But yeah...I should pay more attention to the start date :LOL:

I hear ya bro'; I thought the same thing. His post count tells us that he's not been very-active during that 11 years.

Couldn't resist pointing out the 11-year thing 'though 'cause it's the same length of time as that dude the other day.

I'm not sure which guy you're talking about, but since I'm in the "11 year" bucket (though I was lurking here years before that), and I was never a high count poster, I'll reintroduce (and really it was years ago that I was more active). I followed rupe over here from a Charvel forum about 11 years ago, doesn't look like he posts here anymore. Brad was still running the show at the time.

At the time I was told that all gear demos were required to start with the opening riff to "Lay it Down" and in my early days that seemed to be the case, but now it appears everyone's obsessed with some young guy named Tim for some reason. Curt/Chubtone was not a builder yet, but dished out cool info on Charvels, and even made a little album called "For Some Time Now" which was cool. Steve Henning (SAH) another great Charvel knowledge base before like Curt he went into his own building enterprise but with amps, and then up and left here unfortunately. And the pair always had great 80's LA scene stories of course.

If you mention "many men" in a post, I will understand. If you mention "Charvel Dan" in a post, I will understand. If you mention "Reza meltdown" in a post, I will understand. And I'm really, REALLY, sad to hear about the members we've lost here in recent times, I've just been catching up and it doesn't seem real :(

Anyhow, thought I'd pop back in and see how things are going. Feels a little different, but at least the place is still active. And people are still complaining about TGP...so at least some things haven't changed :)

I have been on TGP for 15 years next month. I am kinda tired of the over sensitive PC/woke folks over there, so I signed up here this week. Report this, report that. Warning and vacations. Ugh

Just the other day a pretty benign thread of mine got blowed up by a mod… “unwritten” rules, my ass!
Great to see ya!
Got banned last week and showed up here myself...

I'm not sure which guy you're talking about, but since I'm in the "11 year" bucket (though I was lurking here years before that), and I was never a high count poster, I'll reintroduce (and really it was years ago that I was more active). I followed rupe over here from a Charvel forum about 11 years ago, doesn't look like he posts here anymore. Brad was still running the show at the time.

At the time I was told that all gear demos were required to start with the opening riff to "Lay it Down" and in my early days that seemed to be the case, but now it appears everyone's obsessed with some young guy named Tim for some reason. Curt/Chubtone was not a builder yet, but dished out cool info on Charvels, and even made a little album called "For Some Time Now" which was cool. Steve Henning (SAH) another great Charvel knowledge base before like Curt he went into his own building enterprise but with amps, and then up and left here unfortunately. And the pair always had great 80's LA scene stories of course.

If you mention "many men" in a post, I will understand. If you mention "Charvel Dan" in a post, I will understand. If you mention "Reza meltdown" in a post, I will understand. And I'm really, REALLY, sad to hear about the members we've lost here in recent times, I've just been catching up and it doesn't seem real :(

Anyhow, thought I'd pop back in and see how things are going. Feels a little different, but at least the place is still active. And people are still complaining about TGP...so at least some things haven't changed :)
Teach me too on “many men” and the rest please. Steve Henning is Steve K? I read about him passing away in other threads several times.

giphy.gif

Teach me too on “many men” and the rest please. Steve Henning is Steve K? I read about him passing away in other threads several times.
PLX has accurately addressed the "many men", there is much manly love here on RT. You join for the gear, you stay for the bromance.

Steve Henning is not Steve K (the latter who yes, did sadly pass away), he was sah5150 here and has been gone for some time. He started up Henning Amplification.

PLX has accurately addressed the "many men", there is much manly love here on RT. You join for the gear, you stay for the bromance.

Steve Henning is not Steve K (the latter who yes, did sadly pass away), he was sah5150 here and has been gone for some time. He started up Henning Amplification.
Oh, I see now. Although many men still seems as a pun in a way lol
What about Charvel Dan and Reza Meltdown?

And Brad running the show means Brad King? I only know about him from some Cameron run.

I feel there need to be a thread where all local jokes and memes are introduced to those of us, who hasn’t spent enough time on the forum.

I'm here because I'm a habitually addicted gear slut. Also a casual break from the clowns on TGP is nice. Seems to be more people here that actually play and use their gear, and don't just shame others for having something that they don't. YMMV:dunno:

Back