I see a lot of new faces here

I have been on TGP for 15 years next month. I am kinda tired of the over sensitive PC/woke folks over there, so I signed up here this week. Report this, report that. Warning and vacations. Ugh

Just the other day a pretty benign thread of mine got blowed up by a mod… “unwritten” rules, my ass!
Welcome aboard andYou even changed your name because of it correct?

~ss

Oh, I see now. Although many men still seems as a pun in a way lol
What about Charvel Dan and Reza Meltdown?

And Brad running the show means Brad King? I only know about him from some Cameron run.

I feel there need to be a thread where all local jokes and memes are introduced to those of us, who hasn’t spent enough time on the forum.
PLX is again nailing the "spirit" of old times here...a lot of this is very old history.

A bit hard to explain quickly...like any forum, there's been its share of "personalities" and drama at times. Some has been humorous, some has been nuclear, some a mix of both. Others (particularly the "true" regular crowd versus an old part-timer like me who has just sort of randomly come wandering back in for a bit) could tell a lot of stories for those interested, but I think it will likely be a bit of "you had to be there". But for quick reference...yes, Brad refers to Brad King. Charvel Dan refers to someone who lets just say there was a lot of "lively" back and forth with various members here. And Reza is "Rezamatix" who is still very active elsewhere and does lots of gear demos, that's a bit of a long story but ended with him leaving RT.

PLX is again nailing the "spirit" of old times here...a lot of this is very old history.

A bit hard to explain quickly...like any forum, there's been its share of "personalities" and drama at times. Some has been humorous, some has been nuclear, some a mix of both. Others (particularly the "true" regular crowd versus an old part-timer like me who has just sort of randomly come wandering back in for a bit) could tell a lot of stories for those interested, but I think it will likely be a bit of "you had to be there". But for quick reference...yes, Brad refers to Brad King. Charvel Dan refers to someone who lets just say there was a lot of "lively" back and forth with various members here. And Reza is "Rezamatix" who is still very active elsewhere and does lots of gear demos, that's a bit of a long story but ended with him leaving RT.

Was Brad in charge of this forum too? What happened to him?

Reza the toe lover I know, just didn’t know what that particular meltdown was about. Thanks for explanation!

On other forums as well just decided to jump over here and see what is going on. Bored at work, calls have slowed coming in, projects on the board to complete, busy in the field but as administration I am waiting on the crews to complete tasks so I can process projects.

Came by to ask questions about gear here and there. Most of the content is classified ads that I cannot even comment on.

giphy.gif

Most of the content is classified ads that I cannot even comment on.
If you use the "New posts" link, just open the classifieds section first and mark it read.

Now the link will show only new content gathered from all the other sections except OTC, the latter's being excepted by popular request.

Anyhow, thought I'd pop back in and see how things are going.
Welcome back bro'. :cheers2:

Welcome exhead, PatrickE_Fender and jtgainor. :cheers:

If you have a Strat...show me. I'll show you mine :D

Oh, I see now. Although many men still seems as a pun in a way lol
What about Charvel Dan and Reza Meltdown?

And Brad running the show means Brad King? I only know about him from some Cameron run.

I feel there need to be a thread where all local jokes and memes are introduced to those of us, who hasn’t spent enough time on the forum.
Just hang out here awhile...it will become clear. Yes Brad used to run this place but he had some issues and well...

Most of that is in the Cameron subforum if you care.

PLX has accurately addressed the "many men", there is much manly love here on RT. You join for the gear, you stay for the bromance.

Steve Henning is not Steve K (the latter who yes, did sadly pass away), he was sah5150 here and has been gone for some time. He started up Henning Amplification.

Steve Henning (sah5150), used to hang out a lot at The Gear Forum but I have not been there in awhile :dunno:

Back