I see a lot of new faces here

Welcome exhead, PatrickE_Fender and jtgainor. :cheers:

If you have a Strat...show me. I'll show you mine :D

Just hang out here awhile...it will become clear. Yes Brad used to run this place but he had some issues and well...

Most of that is in the Cameron subforum if you care.

Steve Henning (sah5150), used to hang out a lot at The Gear Forum but I have not been there in awhile :dunno:
Yeah, I know that Mark C has done some shit. I just didn’t know at that time Brad ran the forum. I thought he only was a guitar business owner.

Brad also had a part time gig as a woman beating/abusing piece of shit and also dabbled heavily in being a talentless hack goofball.
Luckily, I am not a woman, so I am safe from getting beaten, I guess lol

About the second part, I never thought of him as a virtuoso player or anything, so his lack of talent is not what disturbs me at all.

In those Cameron threads people were kind of liking him with something like “if Brad is in charge, this gonna work out well” being said.

Thank you for sharing some insight on the topic though!

Hello all, I am new also. I joined just to learn as much as possible. The last 20+ years I have been playing the drums in bands, and now tryng to learn the guitar. The drums are so much easier, damn the guitar is hard! At any rate, let the drummer jokes begin!
Welcome my friend! No, drums are hard, guitar is easy, until you get to the technical bit: Which amp, which lead, which pedal ?? I have only been here a week or two, but I already learnt a lot from these folks. So keep banging away at guitar! [sorry couldn't resist that!]

If you use the "New posts" link, just open the classifieds section first and mark it read.

Now the link will show only new content gathered from all the other sections except OTC, the latter's being excepted by popular request.
Excellent tip man that really helped me out. You get aa awesome guitar pic!

1676584136018.png

I joined to learn more about guitar rigs. I was primarily a bass player in high school & all of my 20s, but took up guitar again when my son started learning on a 3/4 scale Ibanez. As he grew older and became skilled, we got into tube amps and cabs starting with a B52 AT100 212 combo (yikes).
We then moved on to EVH, Revv, Fender, Boogie, Wizard (just acquired), and Monomyth (pre-ordered).
I've done a little bit of tube rolling and speaker swapping without really knowing what I'm doing, so just hoping to learn from y'all.
Thanks in advance!
1676585820840.jpeg

Last edited:
I joined to learn more about guitar rigs. I was primarily a bass player in high school & all of my 20s, but took up guitar again when my son started learning on a 3/4 scale Ibanez. As he grew older and became skilled, we got into tube amps and cabs starting with a B52 AT100 212 combo (yikes).
We then moved on to EVH, Revv, Fender, Boogie, Wizard (just acquired), and Monomyth (pre-ordered).
I've done a little bit of tube rolling and speaker swapping without really knowing what I'm doing, so just hoping to learn from y'all.
Thanks in advance!View attachment 164176
What Ibanez Talman is that on the left? That is badass!!!!!!

I just signed up here a week or so ago because I heard @Aynirar27 defected here from TGP. He's a good dude. I like TGP and am still active there as there are some cool people there but there are also a number of report button happy children there and mods afraid to tell them to grow up. My last suspension was for a one sentence post:

"They should de-fund the railroads"

A joke in a thread about cops that cuffed a woman and put her in the back of a police car parked on railroad tracks.

Oh...I also heard you can say "Fuck yeah bitches" here.

^ Fuck yeah you can say "Fuck yeah bitches" here :yes:

Sucks that they report people on something so benign as what you said. I know I wouldn't be happy.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 164176

I'm loving this right here. Welcome to R-T and have fun :cheers:

Hey guys, I'm new here. Just signed up today. I'm a bit old school and I like classic rock style music, some blues rock, jam band style and even folk. I'm here 'cuz I wish to learn more about guitar rigs. I'm hoping to learn more about Loop switchers and midi controllers. I dabble with Tube amps while making a few clones of classic amps. Also, I like meeting guitar players and this seems like a good place for that.
Cheers, Don

Nice Strat @Exhead :yes:

who did the relic'ing?

jnoXyaZl.jpg
Previous owner. Passed away and I bought from his niece with a grip of other guitars one day.

Specs are pretty awesome it has a rotary at Tone 2. I may be stripping it this summer for a repaint. Not sure, depends on energy level.

2011 USA Highway One Maple Maple Neck

Fender Locking Tuners

Vintage Fender 6 Screw Bridge

Neck Pickup: Swenson Electric 18.0K MS A2 (Alnico 2) "Insanity Wind"

Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder SSL-4 (11202-03-RWRP) 13.4K

Bridge Pickup: Rio Grande 2011 Dirty Harry DHSWC 13K Ceramic

2011 MIM Fender Body #81221950 Originally presumed to be Candy Apple Red or Midnight Wine

^ Nice. Didn't know people put Quarter Pounders in the middle. I know nothing about stripping and painting guitars but my suggestion would be to practice on a cheap guitar as your first attempt. I kind of like the look the way it is and MIM Strats are not 'cheap' guitars IMO. Mine is a MIM.

Have fun and thanks for sharing :cheers:

Hey guys, I'm new here. Just signed up today. I'm a bit old school and I like classic rock style music, some blues rock, jam band style and even folk. I'm here 'cuz I wish to learn more about guitar rigs. I'm hoping to learn more about Loop switchers and midi controllers. I dabble with Tube amps while making a few clones of classic amps. Also, I like meeting guitar players and this seems like a good place for that.
Cheers, Don

Welcome DoJoe.

You came to the right place :yes:

^ Nice. Didn't know people put Quarter Pounders in the middle. I know nothing about stripping and painting guitars but my suggestion would be to practice on a cheap guitar as your first attempt. I kind of like the look the way it is and MIM Strats are not 'cheap' guitars IMO. Mine is a MIM.

Have fun and thanks for sharing :cheers:

Welcome DoJoe.

You came to the right place :yes:

I have refinished a few in my time. These are a few. Still a novice for sure but getting better.

Some people hate it some people love it.
1676671285757.png

1676671448305.png

1676671625595.png

1676672407579.png

Did you do this with lace? I've been wanting to try, but worried about paint bleeding. Any tips? Thanks, and welcome to the forum!
Yes with lace. A piece of lace for the front and one for the back. All Duplicolor Paints, Metallic silver base coat, Maui Blue Metallic main coat, then metallic silver over lace, then I did the sides with a light mist of silver, then Duplicolor clear as well. Took my time while doing it. I let this dry for about a year after I was finished to make sure it was hard.

I also gave the sides all around a dusting of silver but not top far into the body to cover the areas where the lace print did not really join evenly.

Made a holding jig to suspend it in the air horizontally at a slight anfle and used cardboard and clamps to suspend the lace over the body. fairly quick light mist over the lace, taking my time and being cautious about distance from guitar was enough to get these results.

1676692410964.png
1676692460636.png

1676692515177.png
1676692694156.png
1676692718548.png

Also applied shielding paint to cavities.

1676693198978.png

Back