I think I'll get a ZVex Box of Rock... Anyone use one?

hey thump when you buy it (if you do) could you compare it to the wampler, i'm having a bad time making a decision

Its a very cool pedal that worked better with some of my amps more so than others. It's great for a rhythm tone.

I got my Menatone Workingman Blues pedal back from Gravity today. If you want to pick it up and try it out, feel free! It's for sale.

I have one and it's a pretty cool pedal. It really does sound like a cranked old school Marshall. It can get a fuzzy, flubby and bassy at times but if you can get it dial in right it'll sound freakin' great!

Do it and report back!
I am need of another nice OD :)

I was going to checkout the Mad Professor line.
No Zvex in stock locally :(

The Box Of Rock is not laid out well to me, it's too small.
When I kick on a pedal live and I can move knobs easily if they are too close to the footswitch. I know I would have a hard time with that pedal keeping my settings.

[/quote]I picked the Menatone KOTB over the Box of Rock for the EQ. The KOTB has alot of tweaking options, whereas the BOR is pretty barebones (but is still supposed to be awesome.)[/quote]

Yeah the BOR would benefit from a better EQ than just a tone knob, but that one knob works pretty well.

Randy Van Sykes":21lvqnrj said:
The Box Of Rock is not laid out well to me, it's too small.
When I kick on a pedal live and I can move knobs easily if they are too close to the footswitch. I know I would have a hard time with that pedal keeping my settings.

I thought the same thing but those knobs are actually pretty stiff. I never had that problem the few times I did use it live. The big problem is that the boost button is so close to the on/off switch! :LOL: :LOL:

hunter - That Zep solo tone is rippin' man :rock:

I think I'd prefer this pedal as a lead pedal rather than rhythm - for my taste, the rhythm tones are a bit bright and upper midish - like a Marshall, the same reason I don't like Marshall for my basic rhythm tones :D

Sounds great though.

Actually at the moment I am hardly using the drive side, just occasionally, but it has replaced my Xotic RC booster as lead boos with my Budda Superdrive, the clean boost of the BOR is NOT BAD actually.

The RC went into the loop to give a solo hump of a few dB

SgtThump":3jgtf7nl said:
hunter":3jgtf7nl said:
Actually at the moment I am hardly using the drive side, just occasionally, but it has replaced my Xotic RC booster as lead boos with my Budda Superdrive, the clean boost of the BOR is NOT BAD actually.

The RC went into the loop to give a solo hump of a few dB

If I think the Menatone KOTB is just "okay" when I get it, I'm selling it right away and getting a Box of Rock. Your clip sounds great.

Do it if your amp has a quite brilliant tone to start from. BOR won't work well with muffly cleans, but the BOR boost will inject live in a dull drive sound.

Back