I want more treble on my VH4 !!!

slivoid

Hello,

with my brother (who trains at drums) we started playing together, just for fun.
He is a Blink 182 fan, and we begin to work a simple but fast track "Dammit."
When we playing, I realized that the sound was coming out I was very (too) acute (low).
My cab, equipped with rear loaded Hempcone Tone Tubby (a Diezel !) should not be foreign...
Adjusting the EQ on the amp (VH4, Diezel again :) ) did not work.

So my question : how to recover a little trebles ?
I guess that EQ would be necessary, but I would not spend too much wrong and sub to play Blink :doh:
For the budget, say, 100€ (150$ approx.) or 200€ (300$ approx.) max. If the investment can serve me later, knowing that I do not want too buy a new cab...

Thank you :rock:

Thanks Peter !
Sorry, but I can not send mail (address is apparently incorrect.)
I ave tried 3 different addresses, but it does not work ...

A buffer between guitar and amp and good quality cable can work wonders against dullness of any setup.

crank the presence and turn down the deep works wonders too. I sure papa has the best solution tho.

Thanks guys for your answers !

The VH4 settings are :

Canal 3 or 4
Gain : 12:00
Volume : 12:00
Trebble : 3:00
Middle : 3:00
Bass : 3:00
Presence : 12:00
Deep : 12:00

I'll put an EQ in the loop.
In your opinion, what are the best settings for playing punk rock ?

Roll your bass knob back (to say, noonish) and increase your depth value to strike a good all round low-end balance, then experiment with increasing your presence values.

I feel the VH4 has quite a bit of treble in it (atleast with my guitars/speakers), so you shouldn't have much trouble finding more without mods.

Your settings seem like you did them off of how the knobs look vs how they sound. Try turning the Deep knob down to 9am and go from there. Then try Bass around 1 or 2pm and you'll probably have solved this issue. Then you might hear your mids are probably too out of whack and you'll need to lower them a little too.

Back