Ibanez to reissue the RG565? Anyone try one of these?

badger71

I've always dug the looks of the RG565. Anyone try one? It looks as if Ibanez may reissue these at this Summer NAMM Show. Not sure though.

OH CRAP!!!!! If they reissue that w. an AANJ, I'm in! White one w. matching headstock would be so fucking cool...

Scott owns one and I think he loves that guitar because he didn't sell it to me a few months back. :D

Jakem":1apbtlbk said:
OH CRAP!!!!! If they reissue that w. an AANJ, I'm in! White one w. matching headstock would be so fucking cool...

Scott owns one and I think he loves that guitar because he didn't sell it to me a few months back. :D

Like this but with reversed headstock would be awesome. Someone has changed the neck for this RG565 and of course painted it:

Ibanez-RG565_1.jpg

Yup...I dig the reverse headstock, hum/single, edge, and maple board. I've always kept an eye out for a decent emerald green RG565. If it's reissued, I hope that color is in the product line.

Jakem":3jj1a5y2 said:
Any website or similar with info about reissuing the RG565?

Not yet. I remember briefly seeing something on the Ibanez forum. It's gone now....If you google it, it shows the thread deleted and the account suspended. :confused: I'll be at the Summer NAMM Show, so I'll keep an eye out for it.

Megadeth7684":1l8kkjow said:
I had one before. Didn't like it, but I don't really like any Ibeenhad guitars. :LOL: :LOL:

Mark, you should try RGT3120 or RGT3020 because those have HUGE sound with mahogany body, neck-thru construction, maple top, rosewood fb and an Ultra neck profile (2mm thicker than wizard). :)

GO WINGS! :thumbsup:

Jakem":1kvqmoxv said:
Megadeth7684":1kvqmoxv said:
I had one before. Didn't like it, but I don't really like any Ibeenhad guitars. :LOL: :LOL:

Mark, you should try RGT3120 or RGT3020 because those have HUGE sound with mahogany body, neck-thru construction, maple top, rosewood fb and an Ultra neck profile (2mm thicker than wizard). :)

He's hated everything from his 570 to his J-Custom. I highly doubt he'll prefer the RGT series.

Code001":1xeyvow1 said:
Jakem":1xeyvow1 said:
Megadeth7684":1xeyvow1 said:

He's hated everything from his 570 to his J-Custom. I highly doubt he'll prefer the RGT series.

None of those have had ultra profile necks, not sure about the J-custom becasue some older JC's had Ultra neck profile. Mark likes thicker necks, me thinks.

Jakem":2jgvvabg said:
None of those have had ultra profile necks, not sure about the J-custom becasue some older JC's had Ultra neck profile. Mark likes thicker necks, me thinks.

His had the Ultra profile....

Edit: He also doesn't care as much for neck-thrus in general, and he hates rosewood, along with DiMarzios.

Code001":1a1gazcl said:
Jakem":1a1gazcl said:

His had the Ultra profile....

Edit: He also doesn't care as much for neck-thrus in general, and he hates rosewood, along with DiMarzios.

LOL! Not then, huh? :D

Jakem":3dcbox4d said:
Megadeth7684":3dcbox4d said:

I don't like Ibeenhad guitars. The Ultra Neck profile is pretty nice, but nothing special to me.

EDIT: And fuck the Wings. They're lamer than Ibanez. :D :LOL: :LOL:

Jakem":1hrrlzk7 said:

Never selling that guitar bro :rock:

GuitarIMG_6229.jpg

Man that guitar just rings out unplugged adn sounds sooooooooooo good, it was one of the good ones :thumbsup: The funny thing is that the neck is rock solid, only one rod tweak in a year. The neck is so broken in it feels just so right.

About a reissue 565, I have also heard that the 770DX is getting re-issued and I have my feelers out :yes: Funny thing.......I went to the Ibanez board and read the thread about the 770DX and I went back and I am banned now from there :confused:

Back