Ibanez USRG30 Truss Rod Adjustment

milin_im

Hi guys,

I scored an Ibanez USRG30 in excellent condition around December. Since this guitar has a PBC tension free neck, do you only use the screw on the back of the guitar to adjust the truss rod or do you have to untighten the little screw on the side of the neck first?

Thanks

Those are a pain. The little adjustment screw doesn't affect much at all.

You can check Bunker's site for details on the screws. One allows a very minor adjustment, one holds the rod in place.

I ended up remember having to pull the headstock and rod out (rod is attached to headstock) and bending it/reinstalling/checking curve/rinse repeat until it gave me what I wanted the neck to do. Played great after that but not something I'd want to do again and probably why that Bunker tension free neck thing never caught on.

Those are a pain. The little adjustment screw doesn't affect much at all.

You can check Bunker's site for details on the screws. One allows a very minor adjustment, one holds the rod in place.

I ended up remember having to pull the headstock and rod out (rod is attached to headstock) and bending it/reinstalling/checking curve/rinse repeat until it gave me what I wanted the neck to do. Played great after that but not something I'd want to do again and probably why that Bunker tension free neck thing never caught on.
And to think that one of the selling points was that it was easier to adjust the truss rod if I remember. Thanks!

Back