Ice 9 from 88'..

Any ideas on his rig that night?
I can see a couple of nice old Marshall heads on Jubilee cabs and a rack to the left that looks pretty mild. I presume his DS-1 boosting somewhere in there. Nice light chorusing and delay on the tone.

Dude has zero business at a blues fest. If I booked Fenton Robinson at a metal fest the fans wouldn't be happy but somehow that shit is acceptable.
Blues fest and jazz feats always still book rock and metal bands . Rolling Stones headlined new orlrans jazz fest last year

Blues fest and jazz feats always still book rock and metal bands . Rolling Stones headlined new orlrans jazz fest last year
Aside from them booking metal bands at bluesfests(Never seen that) I've only seen it in the last ten or fifteen years because there are no longer decent bands to fill the bill that actually fit the genre. The New Orleans jazz fest is a complete joke and has been for quite a few years. A couple jazz bands and a bunch of other stuff. Satriani in the 80's is egregious though. Everything is too homogeneous now. I don't like it.

Aside from them booking metal bands at bluesfests(Never seen that) I've only seen it in the last ten or fifteen years because there are no longer decent bands to fill the bill that actually fit the genre. The New Orleans jazz fest is a complete joke and has been for quite a few years. A couple jazz bands and a bunch of other stuff. Satriani in the 80's is egregious though. Everything is too homogeneous now. I don't like it.
Jazz and blues artists and fans like what he does , they get it . It’s about the instrumental factor and the think tank the music creates

Jazz and blues artists and fans like what he does , they get it . It’s about the instrumental factor and the think tank the music creates
Total disagreement but obviously the festival organizers don't care what I think and most of the crowd are too dumbed down musically to know or care they are the victim of false advertising. It's more about the event for most people than it is the music in my estimation.

Total disagreement but obviously the festival organizers don't care what I think and most of the crowd are too dumbed down musically to know or care they are the victim of false advertising. It's more about the event for most people than it is the music in my estimation.
I use to kind of think of SRV playing the Jazz fests in the same way ..... I'm like .... he's not " Jazz " ..... but after a song or two ..... you realize .... he's crossing some boundaries and opening up some doors at the same time . My opinion anyway .....

gotta get me some of those girly pants for my next gig
Sheeit.. Those pants transitioned right into the 90's.. :ROFLMAO:

814yZtGDryL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Back