Ice 9 from 88'..

I use to kind of think of SRV playing the Jazz fests in the same way ..... I'm like .... he's not " Jazz " ..... but after a song or two ..... you realize .... he's crossing some boundaries and opening up some doors at the same time . My opinion anyway .....
That’s exactly how I feel . It opens up the mind to when SRV improvises he’s doing the same thing Coltrane is exactly. The tone and the instruments are different but they are channeling the same

Aside from them booking metal bands at bluesfests(Never seen that) I've only seen it in the last ten or fifteen years because there are no longer decent bands to fill the bill that actually fit the genre. The New Orleans jazz fest is a complete joke and has been for quite a few years. A couple jazz bands and a bunch of other stuff. Satriani in the 80's is egregious though. Everything is too homogeneous now. I don't like it.

1703807532931.png

Within the next couple songs they show his rack up really close and turn away. I was only half-@$$ paying attention and saw a 2290 or two I think.

Loved every song on the Surfing album when it came out. Didn't see him live until '02 or '03 so it's cool to see this vid from back in the day.

I got into him super late, maybe early 2000s. The dvd from the mid-2000s with the peavey gear is my favorite live.

Within the next couple songs they show his rack up really close and turn away. I was only half-@$$ paying attention and saw a 2290 or two I think.
Nice catch!, at 12:05 there is a blink-or-you'll-miss-it shot next to his rack and amps.
It appears to be a TC Electronic 2240 Preamp / ParaEQ
Looks like a Furman unit up top and two 1RU sized units in between. Not sure what they are though.

j4nrIxy.jpg

Back