Id like to talk to George about his pot ...

shar-vell Dan

Potentiometer as in Lynch Tiger push pull. I got a 90's Screamin Demon to replace the Duncan Custom that was in there.
The 30 yr old pot bit the dust in the process. Lucky i have a Kami to copy wiring off of.
Then my Mogani cable of 15 years develops a short while testing the new switch.
Then the shaft diameter on the new pot was larger than the stock hole.
Used 5 different bits [carefully] going larger each time. Maxed out the biggest one i had and that one worked.
Mojotone hooked my up with a decent pot. This one pops up when depressed instead of have to grab and pull up.
Its in there now but hope i dont have to do that again.

https://www.mojotone.com/Mojotone-500K-Audio-Taper-Push-Push-Short-Shaft-Guitar-Potentiometer

Last edited:
Great guitar~!
TB-12-bfe214d4587cb140b3f37151def841df.JPG

Ive done a refret and some other stuff. The guitar is a beast.
The TB-12 is very percussive but tight. Its thee sound for Lynch stuff

TB-12-bfe214d4587cb140b3f37151def841df.JPG

Ive done a refret and some other stuff. The guitar is a beast.
The TB-12 is very percussive but tight. Its thee sound for Lynch stuff

I tried that in my Kamikaze. My original one from the 90s had a Duncan Distortion, and that's been the best in the guitar so far. I could never get the TB-12 right.

Nice Axe ! How would you compare the Custom to the Screamin Demon ? Thx.

The Custom with an A2 mag (custom custom) is a pretty nice direction from the boldness/edge of the ceramic. Easy swap.
The Schecter tone mod also does a nice clean up job for the George stuff with the bridge/neck pu.

Nice Axe ! How would you compare the Custom to the Screamin Demon ? Thx.

The Custom with an A2 mag (custom custom) is a pretty nice direction from the boldness/edge of the ceramic. Easy swap.
The Schecter tone mod also does a nice clean up job for the George stuff with the bridge/neck pu.
Id say the Demon has less gain overall and a tighter more focused bottom.

Got the 2nd push / push installed this morn for my Kamikaze. Mojotone had sent me the wrong potentiometer at first.
They promptly shipped the correct one no charge.
11 points of contact. These things are a PITA to wire but so nice once installed.
Shout out to Griff the reamer is worth its weight. Worked effortlessly. Sure beats taking a drill to your guitar.

Attachments

• note.jpg
    note.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Back