Identifying an output transformer..

MrDan666

The transformers in my 79 JMP arent all original, the choke is but the Output and mains ones are different..

Anyone know if this is a date marking on this output transformer?

Outputtranny.jpg

ive seen a few
and that looks like a date and year tag
most likely a mod was performed

did you try to track the orginal owner ?

>|<>QBB<
gaijun":001d4 said:
ive seen a few
and that looks like a date and year tag
most likely a mod was performed

did you try to track the orginal owner ?

So would that date it as 2/6/68 ?

This is my Cameron modded JMP, it has had various owners (Steve Snider, Rufus Leaking, Big Hair etc).

>|<>QBB<
JerryP":9ba21 said:
It's the part number.
Jerry
I was just gonna say that!

I saw a Drake tranny on ebay a couple months ago that the guy had listed as as a '69 because he thought that was a date code. It turned out ut was from a '90 JCM 800. :)

>|<>QBB<
killertone":bd0fe said:
>|<>QBB<
I was just gonna say that!

I saw a Drake tranny on ebay a couple months ago that the guy had listed as as a '69 because he thought that was a date code. It turned out ut was from a '90 JCM 800. :)

I think its an easy assumption to make if you dont know much about them, because that looks like a date code. Whatever this one is though, im happy because it sounds great! :)

True. I don't think he was trying to be deceitful, he just didn't know. Did you send your amp to Mark or did you buy it already modded from someone else?

>|<>QBB<
killertone":647dd said:
True. I don't think he was trying to be deceitful, he just didn't know. Did you send your amp to Mark or did you buy it already modded from someone else?

Well i bought it from Mark aka BigHair at HC. The amp was originally sent to Mark by Steve Snider, but Steve sold it off to Randy (Rufus Leaking). Mark bought it from Randy and thats how it ended up in the UK!

Its my favorite amp iv ever owned!

Sorry
ive always been told that was the date and year

Dec 26 / 68

im stumped now :?
anyway thats going to lead me to do some more research :)

>|<>QBB<
gaijun":1d651 said:
Sorry
ive always been told that was the date and year

Dec 26 / 68

im stumped now :?
anyway thats going to lead me to do some more research :)

It could be December of the year 2668, sent from Cybertron to aid us in the coming war.

Back