If you could have any guitarists Abilities who would it be?

messenger

If I could have any guitar player’s ability it would be Nuno. I love everything he plays. Lead. Rhythm. Vocals. Writing.

Second choice would be Richie Kotzen. Better singer. I just prefer Nunos guitar playing. But as a whole package I think Kotzen is better.

Neither of them are my favourite players, but I think they are better players

Stanley Jordan. He has long spider fingers and all work independently from one another like he is playing a piano. It’s insane to watch.

Stanley Jordan. He has long spider fingers and all work independently from one another like he is playing a piano. It’s insane to watch.
It'd been a long time since I watched him so I watched some YT vids last weekend. He is so much fun to watch!

I’d say either Shawn Lane or Rick Graham for pure technique, Randy Rhoads for musicality, not sure who to choose for feel, the Meshuggah guys for rhythm, and probably one of the jazz guys for improv abilities. Basically if Graham just was good at improv and someone else wrote good quality music for him to play we’d have one hell of a complete guitarist. For now seems like no one has it all

Jon Drenning from Crimson glory or Ed Pursino as far as the whole package - technique, writing, rhythm, tone

Rhythm wise jon Schaffer is god mode

Vito brata: super melodic and flowing riffs. Was one of a few who individualized the evh influence.
Sykes: fuck you attitude mixed with talent.
Nuno: another freak who’s hard to replicate.

Maybe Steve Lukather? Larry Carlton?
Luke runs a close second or possiby tied with Huff. I guess I dig the studio cats that have melodic playing. Even though my level of talent or musical education is nowhere near those guys, they are the top listers for me.

Gary Moore - before the blues crap. Could play anything. Such an aggressive guitarist.

Back