If you have experimented with boosts for your MC II, please share fav preferred ones.

lessarti

I am not a huge pedal guy, so I definitely am no expert on better boost pedals etc for pushing more compression for lead/sustain sounds.

I currently use a OCD v2 and works great with my MC ii. But, I am curious if there are certain boosts that are just the best of the best ?

The MCII just seems to eats boosts like they're part of the circuit. I like the Timmy for rock inspired stuff. For metal...Duncan 805 is my fav so far but other pedals that I really liked with the amp: Buxom boost, Mesa Goldmine, VFE Dragon, Savage drive, TS9. I tired an SD1 waza a couple years ago and a Maxon od9 pro plus and wasn't impressed with either. Would like to try the OG of both sometime.

Koko Boost and Keeley Katana V1 into the MC25 work awesome. I also have an MXR micro amp plus that I run in the loop for a volume boost that works great, adds some grind as well

The MCII just seems to eats boosts like they're part of the circuit. I like the Timmy for rock inspired stuff. For metal...Duncan 805 is my fav so far but other pedals that I really liked with the amp: Buxom boost, Mesa Goldmine, VFE Dragon, Savage drive, TS9. I tired an SD1 waza a couple years ago and a Maxon od9 pro plus and wasn't impressed with either. Would like to try the OG of both sometime.

I've been curious about the savage drive, which version are you using? Seems like they make pretty major revisions between pedal versions, going back and forth between having a lot of gain or not in the circuit.

EDIT: On topic, I like using a Ceritatone Horse Breaker (Bluesbreaker/Klone, typically just use the Klone portion of the circuit). It adds a good amount of saturation that the MC25 doesn't get on its own.

Last edited:
I've been curious about the savage drive, which version are you using? Seems like they make pretty major revisions between pedal versions, going back and forth between having a lot of gain or not in the circuit.

EDIT: On topic, I like using a Ceritatone Horse Breaker (Bluesbreaker/Klone, typically just use the Klone portion of the circuit). It adds a good amount of saturation that the MC25 doesn't get on its own.
Not using it anymore, sold it about year 1/2 ago. Might have been v1? Honestly thought that pedal was just ok.

Suhr Koko Boost (mid side on the 2 button version) is my favorite with Wizards.

I got the 805 since MetalHeadMike likes it so much and I find that to be a great pedal as well. Better/cheaper than all the latest hype boosts...Dirty Tree, Dire Wolf, DAE, VFE, Fortin stuff, etc.

Back