If you're using Hercules wall hanging guitar stands, you might want to rethink it!

I bought 10 of these back in 2009 and never had an issue FWIW

1000005331.jpg

There was a thread like this a few years ago on TGP. Same break on the Hercules.

I had guitars hung using String Swing hangers for 14 years. Each was screwed into a stud. When I took them down, they were still tight to the wall and they tore paint off the wall. 😄

9JX4AaHl.jpg

Now I'm re-thinking the cheapo fret rest hangers I've been using.

Unfortunately I've learned mine don't get played enough if they're in the cases.

I guess I will take mine down and try one of these other options. Thx @War_in_D

I'm not giving up on mine just yet, got too much money invested in them. I went to Home Depot and picked up a bunch of 1/4" washers. I'm going to replace the spring with those washers and cinch up the screw just enough to compress the washers in the the cup, that should take the load off the fulcrum point where the POS pot metal shaft meets the edge of the wood and move it to the flat washers/cup area. To fail again, it'll have to either break that solid shaft that the hanger is on, pull that cup through the wood, or strip the screw out.

I'm going to test this first of course... maybe like the guy in the old crazy glue commercials!

1697543782910.png

Back