I'm a KT88 lover so...

Guessing you just got this. Better than your mtl mk1? sounds awesome. Nice blend of lows and highs.

I’ve had this for 2 years… it’s a ‘19. It’s probably my favorite right now. It seems to rotate. Voicing is a little different from my ‘16 e34L MTL. Bigger tighter bottom end more thick and forward in the mids. I opted to keep these two and my mk2 Hybrid and sold my mk2 MTL, MC2 and, as you know lol , my W800.

I’ve had this for 2 years… it’s a ‘19. It’s probably my favorite right now. It seems to rotate. Voicing is a little different from my ‘16 e34L MTL. Bigger tighter bottom end more thick and forward in the mids. I opted to keep these two and my mk2 Hybrid and sold my mk2 MTL, MC2 and, as you know lol , my W800.
Ah. I thought you only kept one mtl. Yeah. that is cool to have the two flavors with kt88 and el34. I have never heard kt88s in a bright amp. That does sound like it could be cool. You still flirting with getting another w800 with kt88s?

Mhenson, ironic you mention the "88".
I enjoy inventing "things" that bring on
"the impossible".
I've been designing ,creating & testing
a tube driven acoustic kick-drum BOOST.
The kick drum is business as usual.
However, I can't say where the
preamp tube(s) will be installed,
but the "88, (4) will be located around the kick-drum shells with a 3 band eq.
You sure you want a "blast beat"?

I also experiment with hydraulics and relentlessly am trying to design & install hydraulic "lifts" amongst my drum set that will give the drum set an evil superhero with a vengeance type of motorcycle "trike" flavor of the vibe.

Right on with the Wizard homie!!

Back