Impressed with the Quad Cortex!

Fusionbear

Played a jam and the backline was none other than Chris Brightwell's Damage Inc. Quad Cortex preset with a Mesa Mark IV capture. No effects, just a volume boost for leads. Chris himself was controlling it. What a privilege! Anyway, it felt very nice and sounded amazing. He is a class act. I have a feeling the Quad may be in my future...

Here you go:

Awesome! I love my Quad Cortex. I literally have an exact copy of my tube rig in my QC, and it sounds exactly the same, and actually feels real under my fingers. It's an impressive unit. Worth every penny. Modeling is dead. Captures are the future.

Lots of opinions on the QC out there. I've had mine a little over a year. I have had NO issues with mine, and playing either thru monitors with IR's or through a power amp and cab without IR's, it sounds great. The feel is really authentic as well - mores than any other device in its class.

They recently announced that you will soon be able use the NDSP plugins that you've purchased with the QC as well. I'm loving that - I have 12 of them, and they are my favorite plugins to play through. That's gonna be AWESOME!

Lots of opinions on the QC out there. I've had mine a little over a year. I have had NO issues with mine, and playing either thru monitors with IR's or through a power amp and cab without IR's, it sounds great. The feel is really authentic as well - mores than any other device in its class.

They recently announced that you will soon be able use the NDSP plugins that you've purchased with the QC as well. I'm loving that - I have 12 of them, and they are my favorite plugins to play through. That's gonna be AWESOME!

I was wondering why (thought I could guess why) they hadn't they hadn't integrated their plugins. That changes the game for me if I can port Parallax, Mesa Mark, Soldano, etc. plugins. Killer.

Nice! I have a QC inbound...I haven't tried a modeler since the Pod HD500, so I figure it's worth a shot. Plus I do a lot of traveling and the Positive Grid Spark just isn't doing it for me anymore. My plan is to run it through a tube power amp/4x12 initially. If it scratches the itch I may go down the FRFR rabbit hole. Ultimately I'd love to have something portable and convincing - maybe grab one of those headrush speakers and that would make a pretty convenient traveling rig.

Or they realized the the new Fender Tone Master is gonna totally kill their sales...maybe...or not...
I’d honestly go with the amperium right now. From st rock. Does the thing axe fx does with the same tech. And does captures like Tonex.

you absolutely cannot say that live tone sounds like ass. I wouldn’t know if it was a tube amp or a capture of a tube amp.

The closest I’ve ever heard anything capture wise is from quad cortex. I just hate that their effects don’t sound great at all and are highly limited.

I've still yet to use mine live, but for making patches on the fly in the house it's great. Great unit.

Definitely excited to see the editor and the first batch of plugins coming (hopefully) soon though.

I've been enjoying plug-ins, Helix Native, Neural DSP, Blue Cat Audio, Softube, etc. It wasn't until PolyChromeDSP McRocklin Suite was released earlier this year that I finally decided to build a computer rig. I've been planning to do this for awhile.

I had a few challenges getting it all working how I wanted, but I'm very pleased with the results for around $1400 - $1500 not including components I already had.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/computer-guitar-rig.280097/

All these units sound great! You just pick which one you prefer to work with. I’ve tried several of them. Each has their pros and cons.

Man, I wish we had this kind of thing growing up in the 80s as a teenager.

Back