Impressive Warehouse Tour!

UltraGary

We all have our opinions about PRS. I've always admired their beauty and craftsmanship, but they're just not for me. That said... this warehouse tour is really impressive! It's a bit long (it took me a few sittings to get through), but I found it all really educational and entertaining. As it goes you start to notice the multiple extra steps to ensure quality control along the way, way moreso than other tours I've seen. Lots of employees get talked to throughout, and the long tenure they all have and how cool & knowledgeable everyone is really give the impression of a great company. I also appreciate the innovative ways Paul has them doing their stuff, and the clean systems he has in place to get them done right. Maybe I should try on some khaki pants....

Enjoy>>>

Love them or hate them, PRS guitars are really well built, and the QC applied to them should serve as an example for a lot of other companies.
Not the biggest fan of their guitars, but I can't deny my best sounding guitar for metal and extreme metal music is a stock PRS Cut-24 from 1987. It has more clarity on the top end, more midrange, more low end and it chugs more than any other guitar I've owned. Including my Jackson with EMGs.
Forget about the tan-pants and just enjoy your favorite PRS guitar. They have some really good stuff!
Not the most metal looking guitars, for sure, but so aren't Les Pauls.

Yup!

Just ask John Christ what guitar he played to lay down his rhythm guitar tracks on Danzig's first album released in August of 1988. While his 1983 BC Rich Bich was getting repaired he used a PRS Custom with a flame maple top. Consequently, guess what pickups he put in his Bich and Les Paul Custom soon thereafter.

Last edited:
Prs is an incredibly consistent company in terms of quality. I truly do think they push the envelope for finishes and building techniques. You can look at guitars from 15 years ago and the finished and wood options are night and day difference. I was always in the prs is sterile camp…finally got a few that I jived with and now they live happily in my collection

Back