In honor of Edward........

RandyVanMartini

Added some pinstripes to my Chubtone. Long live King Edward!

IMG_0180_3.jpg

I love the subtle look of that. Looks real sharp man. It almost looks like physical grooves in the wood. Is that just the 3D paint doing that or is it actually carved?

Last edited:
that looks really cool. Unique pickup selector location I don't think I've ever seen one like that on a strat before

That looks killer!

Yeah, how'd you do that?
Thanks guys!
You guys totally made my day saying it looks carved lol...thats exactly what I was going for! All it is, is nothing but thin tan and white lines making up the outlines of the would-be stripes. I came up with them in Photoshop, then transfered it into Illustrator. I found a local guy that really knew his way around a vinyl cutter, who took my Illus. file and made me a stencil out of it. I painted the lines with enamel pin stripe paint using the stencil. It would have been even a much better job than you see, but I took the stencil off way to early and messed up a bunch of it, which I had to go back and repair by hand lol......I'll know better next time, but love how it turned out just the same. Thanks again!

what do you think of the guitar? build playability etc? this brand keeps popping up but I don't really know much about it.
GMW was my go-to but he's not building anymore :(

what do you think of the guitar? build playability etc? this brand keeps popping up but I don't really know much about it.
GMW was my go-to but he's not building anymore :(
I gotta be honest, I never owned a super strat type of guitar before I ordered the Chubtone, but build and playability are on par with guitars I have that cost a lot more. Curt and Co. really know their stuff! What's cool is getting to spec everything out just so, and for that price.....you can't lose.

That's really nice looking man! And that dude makes some really nice looking guitfiddles! Got to get one...one day.

One of my favorite things to do is throw on Eruption/You Really Got me through the monitors, get behind the drum set and join in.
Damn..after those KILLER AVH fills & accents
and the three chord crashes..
comes that omnipotent sound from the guitar
& melting amplifier.
Then the punch of You Really Got Me..
How Al can maintain that bounce..just incredible.
I tear up hard everytime.
Love you EVH❤

Back