INAD! Engl Smolski

JerEvil

Well I have wanted to try one of these for ages. Especially since I enjoyed the plug-in so much.

Stock image for attention but it comes with what I’m told is the Z9 footswitch. Got it for what appears to be a good price as well. A few tolex scratches but other than that SUPPOSEDLY I’m pretty good shape.

Not gonna lie, lol n probably won’t keep it unless it’s amazing BUT… I love the douchey looking chains! Lol!

EDIT:
FINALLY unboxed the fucking thing and it looks dope! LOL!

mZFkZZzl.jpg

yyHKfMwl.jpg

fOafvzhl.jpg

S28isw2l.jpg

hYh7aLIl.jpg

Like I said, I tried the amp sim version of this years ago when I had my UAD Satellite and loved it! The plugin is available un Plugin Alliance as well. Anyway, from what I understand it is a modified PowerBall II with MORE gain if you can believe that.

I haven't owned an Engl amp in at least a decade. I still have my e530 and the PowerBall synergy module. I'll have to sell something if this ends up being a keeper so the E530 will likely go asap.

Last edited:
VERY interested in your opinion of this amp.
I have the Extreme Aggression because I'm an insane Kreator fanboy.
I love it,big time. Went thru 4 other Engl amps before stopping on the Extreme Aggro.
But have been curious about the Steve Morse and the Smolski since they came out.
Hope you love it as much as I loved riding the Engl amps I have tried.

Well I have wanted to try one of these for ages. Especially since I enjoyed the plug-in so much.

Stock image for attention but it comes with what I’m told is the Z9 footswitch. Got it for what appears to be a good price as well. A few tolex scratches but other than that SUPPOSEDLY I’m pretty good shape.

Not gonna lie, lol n probably won’t keep it unless it’s amazing BUT… I love the douchey looking chains! Lol!

Looks like a grab from GC. Good luck! Hope it;s a monster - that was hanging around for a wh8ile

Looks like a grab from GC. Good luck! Hope it;s a monster - that was hanging around for a wh8ile
So my buddy actually bought it from a GC in FL. I offered to snag it if it wasn’t a keeper for him.

He was mostly interested in trades but wasn’t getting any offers he wanted. He ended up returning it to GC and sent me the link since they had it on sale for Presidents Day. I too got a really good price.

VERY interested in your opinion of this amp.
I have the Extreme Aggression because I'm an insane Kreator fanboy.
I love it,big time. Went thru 4 other Engl amps before stopping on the Extreme Aggro.
But have been curious about the Steve Morse and the Smolski since they came out.
Hope you love it as much as I loved riding the Engl amps I have tried.
The Smolski is basically a tweaked Powerball II. I've tried in once (11 years ago now lol). If you like the Extreme Aggression (I had one too) then would highly recommend trying the Inferno (Marty Friedman) model. It's in a similar ballpark to that amp, but even better imo. I liked best of the Engl line-up the Inferno and SE EL34. Artist Edition probably was my next favorite. All cool amps with good growl and tightness, but Engl's are just for my taste too processed sounding, so haven't kept them. The Morse I believe was based (or at least partially so) on the Invader. Smoother sounding than other Engl models

The Smolski is basically a tweaked Powerball II. I've tried in once (11 years ago now lol). If you like the Extreme Aggression (I had one too) then would highly recommend trying the Inferno (Marty Friedman) model. It's in a similar ballpark to that amp, but even better imo. I liked best of the Engl line-up the Inferno and SE EL34. Artist Edition probably was my next favorite. All cool amps with good growl and tightness, but Engl's are just for my taste too processed sounding, so haven't kept them. The Morse I believe was based (or at least partially so) on the Invader. Smoother sounding than other Engl models
I agree about the Inferno. I have one and it's probably my favorite of the entire line. From what I read Marty was using several different ENGLs on the Inferno album. Invader, SE, Powerball and Steve Morse I think. Then he asked the engineers to take the best part of each amp, put it all together and streamline the control layout.

I also have the Morse. It's basically a modified 3 channel Invader with a bunch of tone shaping options. It has a completely different character than the Inferno.

I agree about the Inferno. I have one and it's probably my favorite of the entire line. From what I read Marty was using several different ENGLs on the Inferno album. Invader, SE, Powerball and Steve Morse I think. Then he asked the engineers to take the best part of each amp, put it all together and streamline the control layout.

I also have the Morse. It's basically a modified 3 channel Invader with a bunch of tone shaping options. It has a completely different character than the Inferno.
Yes, that's what I was saying. Smoother sounding than the Inferno from what I remember when I tried the Morse. Inferno was quite hairy and growly, which is much more my preference. The Invader 150 I had was probably my next favorite Engl after the Inferno, SE EL34, and Artist Edition. I like how tight it was on channel 3 and very deep bottom end, but too smooth and polished for my taste

Out for delivery! Let’s hope GC actually packed it right!

I bet that amp will rip!

I had GC send me a brand new BEDeluxe...came just the amp in a box 3x too big with some crumpled up shipping paper. bent trannies, torn tolex...couldn't believe how they packed it. A phucking chimp would be smart enough to have packed it better.

I bet that amp will rip!

I had GC send me a brand new BEDeluxe...came just the amp in a box 3x too big with some crumpled up shipping paper. bent trannies, torn tolex...couldn't believe how they packed it. A phucking chimp would be smart enough to have packed it better.
I’ve had pretty decent experiences with them. My last amp I bought used they shipped pretty protected thankfully. No issues.

I bet that amp will rip!

Yeah I think it’ll be a ripper as well. I’ll definitely be digging into it all weekend.

Back