incoming.....

johnnyjellybean

just got off the phone with Rick and it looks like i'll be driving to his place tomorrow to pick up my new Modern Classic II

johnnyjellybean":1qupxzvw said:
just got off the phone with Rick and it looks like i'll be driving to his place tomorrow to pick up my new Modern Classic II
Great, :rock:

1st one out with the new "V" transformer. I also got lucky and he stuck a couple extra little doodads in the amp

Wizard%20011.jpg

johnnyjellybean":2t0rjt8t said:
1st one out with the new "V" transformer. I also got lucky and he stuck a couple extra little doodads in the amp

As the only active Wizard forum moderator, please elaborate. I know you're reading this ;)

Thank you

"V" transformer...great, nothing like the obsolete model of technology to make one feel outdated and generate sales!

lespaul6":1ek82ito said:
"V" transformer...great, nothing like the obsolete model of technology to make one feel outdated and generate sales!

Totally wrong! I have a Modern Classic I with the 1st model transformer, the "A" model and I wouldn't give it up for the world. It's far from obsolete, .........it's perfection!

thegame":cs8mrn36 said:
johnnyjellybean":cs8mrn36 said:

As the only active Wizard forum moderator, please elaborate. I know you're reading this ;)

Thank you
Actually, Rick has 5 different model output transformers at this point. It's a question of taste as to which is best for any person's palette
. The "V" had a nice rounded slope up in the 800hz range. It makes for a nice wide mid where as the "A" is quite similar in the top but has a more focused mid hump that is just a little higher. There is also the "B" which is the brightest and the "C" which is in between the "A" and the "B". There is also an "O" which I haven't heard. As far as extra doodads, I think he gave more more gain than the standard Classic II along with a top-cut on the lead channel which smooths the top nicely and is handy at lower levels I also havew foot switching capabilities for channels and boosts on both channels. The amp absolutely kicks ass. Extremely wide array of sounds.

johnnyjellybean":1hjrg611 said:
thegame":1hjrg611 said:
johnnyjellybean":1hjrg611 said:

Thank you
Actually, Rick has 5 different model output transformers at this point. It's a question of taste as to which is best for any person's palette
. The "V" had a nice rounded slope up in the 800hz range. It makes for a nice wide mid where as the "A" is quite similar in the top but has a more focused mid hump that is just a little higher. There is also the "B" which is the brightest and the "C" which is in between the "A" and the "B". There is also an "O" which I haven't heard. As far as extra doodads, I think he gave more more gain than the standard Classic II along with a top-cut on the lead channel which smooths the top nicely and is handy at lower levels I also havew foot switching capabilities for channels and boosts on both channels. The amp absolutely kicks ass. Extremely wide array of sounds.

Sounds like a nice versatile amp!!

The Wizard has changed his robe! :LOL: :LOL: This new amp freakin rocks! I also swapped out my G12M-20 heritage greenbacks from a Marshall 4x12 to my new Wiz 4x12 and the difference was fllat out astounding. Huge difference in the bottom end and low mids. I swear the Marshall cabs blow chunks when you compare them to a quality built cab

Wizard%20013.1.jpg

The two Wiz's look amazing mate! well done. Interesting that you say theres a huge difference in the sound of the greenbacks when they're placed in a Wizard cab... might have to try that for myself i think.

Quick question on Wizard cabs, while we're on the topic - I understand that one of the jacks on the back is a parallel input, IE you can use it as an "input" for another cab.

Question is, assuming i have: head > 16 ohm cab > 16 ohm cab, though the parallel input, would i set the head to 8ohms? I want to run my MC2 into a Wizard cab with Rock 20s and an old Marshall cab with greenbacks, both cabs 16 ohms, and from what i can gather the input on this cab makes it all possible without harming the amp?

Yay/nay?

Mitch-PTV":1kbagt47 said:
Question is, assuming i have: head > 16 ohm cab > 16 ohm cab, though the parallel input, would i set the head to 8ohms?
Yay/nay?

Yes, set the amp to 8 ohms.

You can also connect them the conventional way, by again, setting the amp to 8 ohms then hook up one speaker cord going from each speaker output on the amp into each cab.

If you have four 16 ohm cabs, you can combine both methods and use 4 cabs at once ! Though you must set the amp at 4 ohms assuming all are 16 ohm cabs. In fact they must be all 16 ohm cabs to do this.

Back