Interesting and New Kemper Profiler Player

You'll be able to use Rig Manager on your Mac / PC / laptop.

It'll be 'phone-compatible so there may been an option to upload them to the device that way too, I'm guessing.

Kemper doesn't fuck around.
Gotta say I appreciate their approach. Some companies release underdeveloped products, or make announcements and tease for months or even years on end. Kemper simply announced a product without a needless song and dance, and had it immediately available to be shipped. I’ll have my player sometime today, like an unexpected last minute christ gift to myself, hah.

Other companies need to take note. This is how you handle a release. Get the shit in hand and do it right.

anyone get theirs yet? i think i'm gunna pull the trigger, but with how cheap the stages are getting used, i'm still back and forth.

hard call vs the NAM and tonex at this point plus a dozen others I can't remember the names of

doh!
NAM is free and the tonex is 399.00

Heads-up that if you don't have a mobile device and have to use a desktop or laptop computer for Rig Manager to edit / upload sounds into the Player, you won't be able to run a recent-enough version of RM on macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra or earlier.

Same goes for Kemper OS10, which introduced Liquid Profiles - it requires a version of RM that won't run in 10.13.6.

If you're happy with OS9 (don't need Liquid Profiling / don't own a Kemper Player), macOS 10.13.6 is just-fine.

anyone get theirs yet? i think i'm gunna pull the trigger, but with how cheap the stages are getting used, i'm still back and forth.
Yeah I got mine, so far no complaints. I bought this to have a way to play the pile of Kemper profiles I already own, and to have a portable interface/recording/practice solution because I travel often. I was looking into small modelers like the Boss IR2 but this is gonna do much better. I just wish it profiled from the pedal but I get why it doesnt.

hard call vs the NAM and tonex at this point plus a dozen others I can't remember the names of

doh!
NAM is free and the tonex is 399.00
NAM isn't hardware, so it's goofy to bother comparing to the ToneX pedal or the Kemper Player. Compare NAM to the Tonex app, sure. Or Tonex pedal to kemper player.

I'm really tempted here but my understanding is that you can only use your own cab impulses with the direct profile. Makes sense but there is no way to know how good a direct profile is ? Or do you base it on what their studio profile is like.. now if you have a series of studio profiles, are the tone controls still an option for the overall sound? I guess yes but would be more effective on the direct profile before cab correct? It's over 800$ for me in canadian monopoly money so I want to be sure. Do studio captures usually involve various mic positions and combos? Do they also play with the tonestack knobs or set the amp the same for all setting profiles? I've got questions!

Back