Invective MH

crankyrayhanky

Landed! This amp is really cool. I vowed never to get another small glass but this one actually gets volume without having that awful small glass push- it holds it together and band level volumes.
Now I want the big head.
Here's a quick clip that has all di tones from out of the head:

Love everything about it.
Great clip.
HNAD
:cheers:

(only wish guitars were pulled up a bit in mix - but I could never pull this off so you don't have to listen to me)

Sounds like a fun amp! Just missing the Juggernaut! Or did that make the trip with you?

Sweet! I was super hyped on getting one of these when Peavey first introduced them. After seeing order dates keep getting pushed back, I thought the plug was pulled on them before they even got started.

What do you think about the onboard boost and gate? Do you like them?

That is a real strength
I haven’t a/b the Inv od with my 808x, but just by playing around it seems ready to go as is. I love my pedals but that’s one less thing needed if you’re going for the no gain OD boost to tighten it up rock metal thing
The gate works real well. It’s curious that it’s not after the preamp to give you that dead silence- it seems to be before the preamp. It is effective- the amp is gained up I can’t imagine many times that I would disengage... maybe if I backed the gain way down but for hi gain mayhem it works
If you do one of those KSE half palm mute low and go for that extended Brmmn it cuts it off after a few seconds. That is a real specific thing that doesn’t pop up too often for me but yeah, I have an ISP deci & I won’t need it for this amp

update: the low and midgain tones on this amp are nonexistent lol
But the metal crystal cleans and hi gain mayhem are awesome. This is a keeper

Back