*IRENE*!!!

RoidRage

Wow!

Don't know how much longer we will have power...

It's 5:20am, and Irene is really bearing down on us... I'VE NEVER SEEN IT RAIN THIS HARD BEFORE! :scared:

The Wind is starting to really Blow...

Here I sit with a Bathtub full of water, and freezer set on 10, Candles, Flashlights, batteries, a case of poland spring, Radio 2 Charged Cell phone batteries.

AND 2 Sick Parents... I worry more about them than anything.

Hope Everyone Gets Through This ALL RIGHT!!!

Roid

I am with you but also with the people of Taiwan where Typhoon Mina is hitting shore.
Good luck!

Here in Bayside, NY, I think we got by pretty well. It's 10am and we have power. A puddle of water in the basement and that's it. Thank God my Mom's house is OK. It's notorious for flooding. My little ones are finally starting to relax.

Wasn't too bad here actually, Southern NJ. I was braced for two to three inches of water in the basement, but we got dribbles at best... power was gone for a good number of hours last night too, so the sumps weren't running during the worst parts of the storm and still no flooding. That was the most surprising part to me because we get some basement flooding under a medium rain, and now with a raised water table, saturated soil, and a mild hurricane/tropical storm there is nothing... hmm. Now this morning the business that I work at is open at 10 and on my way there I passed under a downed power line due to a tree branch and hit a number of coned off areas. It is a home day for me.

I wonder how my old house up in NY is doing... It used to flood all the time, but I think the drain in the basement floor takes care of the water pretty well. My grandparents now own the house :LOL: :LOL: I hope they are doing ok, and everyone up there is ok.

We got power back a few hours ago, must have lost it last night around 3:00am. I had to wake up and scoop water out of the basement since the sump pump wasn't working. *note to self, get the battery backup pack for the pump*

The road in front of my house is a hill and it looked like a raging river at 7:00am. It was fun watching the cars trying to drive through it. There's trees down all over and tons of roads closed due to flooding. I've never seen soo much rain.

My g.f's is flooded 12+ inches of water in the back yard, basement flooded only good thing is her car is dry since the drive way is a little higher..
Front of the house is flooded up to her steps..

Went through several hurricanes, cat 3 and such. In florida. now you north east guys get a taste of what it was like, just a small taste ;-)

all kidding aside, I hope everyone makes it out ok and no flooding damage or wind damage. and most of all, that no one is hurt. stuff can be replaced, our loved ones can't... be safe

hope you're all getting ok guys, as well as your family. Ya'll know I'm fromDominican Republic, and we're in the front line of storms and hurricaines...... we've been hit by cat 5 hurricanes plenty of times........it's devastating....... especially since we have A LOT of trees here and the sewer system is REALLY bad, but even with a good sewer system all that rain will flood it.

We've had or little country ripped to shreds many times. You never get used to it.

Glad most are ok! :thumbsup:

When there no one from NY/NJ was poping on here, I figured a LOT of you guys Lost Power, and couldn't Post...

NICK is out. Says will be for 2 or 3 Days...And he just got that New Cameron Amp Too! :no: He can always bring it over here! :yes:

There Are Flooded out streets everywhere here, and the Roads are impassible. A State Of Emergency!

We Lucked out, and never lost power... But it could Still happen!

*BE SAFE EVERYONE, STAY PUT, AND IF YOU GO OUT BE CAREFUL!!!

ROID

Hey Tony....hope all is fine.
I know about some super storms.....
Went thru this in 1999 in Okinawa....
SHIT was INSANE!! :yes:
It was so intense that the rain PUSHED THRU THE CONCRETE PORES OF THE WALLS of the house and came in that way!!
:aww:

SUPER TYPHOON BART........
Here is a little blurb...

Tropical Depression 24W developed on September 17, to the east of Taiwan. The storm drifted to the northwest, becoming Tropical Storm Bart on September 19 and reaching typhoon strength the next day. Bart intensified further as it turned to the northeast under the influence of upper-level winds. Typhoon Bart reached its peak on September 22 with 260 km/h (160 mph) winds when it passed 75 km (45 miles) to the west of Okinawa, becoming the only Super Typhoon during 1999. Bart began to weaken slowly as it continued north towards Kyūshū, Japan, which it struck on September 23 with 185 km/h (115 mph) winds. After crossing Kyūshū and westernmost Honshū the storm accelerated to the northeast in the Sea of Japan, becoming extratropical shortly before it reached northern Hokkaidō.[54] As Typhoon Bart formed in PAGASA's area of responsibility, it was named Oniang by PAGASA before moving to the north.[46]

Typhoon Bart claimed at least two lives on Okinawa and brought over 710 mm (28 inches) of rain to the island.[54] Kadena Air Base was badly damaged by the typhoon with over $5 million of damage on the base.[55] Heavy flooding and landslides led to total of a 30 deaths and over 1,000 injuries in Japan. Over 800,000 homes lost power and 80,000 damaged in the aftermath of the storm. The worst damage was in Kumamoto Prefecture on Kyūshū, where 16 people died and over 45,000 homes were damaged. Bart affected the whole of Japan, with some minor damages occurring in Hokkaidō shortly after the storm became extratropical.[56] A large crane in Hiroshima collapsed killing 3 and injuring 4 people in the Mitsubishi plant there and the Itsukushima Shrine was also damaged.[57] Typhoon Bart was the costliest storm of the season, with total damages of $3.5 billion and further $5 million of damage to the Japanese economy.[58]

Glad all of you weathered the storm, we go thru this all summer long in South Florida. The house that I live in was leveled during Hurricance Andrew in 93'

Doubleneck":ckkp7tpl said:
Glad all of you weathered the storm, we go thru this all summer long in South Florida. The house that I live in was leveled during Hurricance Andrew in 93'
My Sister was in FL at that time....said it was nuts as well.
Mother Nature is a bitch sometimes. :LOL: :LOL:

Mailman1971":3madg6j4 said:
Doubleneck":3madg6j4 said:
My Sister was in FL at that time....said it was nuts as well.
Mother Nature is a bitch sometimes. :LOL: :LOL:

The only reason I haven't left Homestead is because I figure it can't hit me twice or I'm just too stupid. :LOL: :LOL:

I was amused when watching CNN and they said NYC was shutting down. Living in Houston and having been through my fair share of Hurricane's and Tropical Storms I knew that by the time this storm hit NJ/NYC it'd be a weak CAT 1 or TS. It was even funnier to watch the reports in NYC saying "This really isn't as bad as we were expecting"....I was dying laughing....DUH!!!

Glad y'all up in the NE made it through ok.

Back