irig hd and Line 6 sonic port

bigdaddyd

For those of you that have any interest in iOS recording or practicing, I have been messing around with both the irig hd and line 6 sonic port. I just got the sonic port really cheap so I couldn't pass it up. I have to say that I really love both. My only complain with the irig is that they nickel and dime you on the software, however, the software sounds good. I got the Fender pack, Hendrix pack and the Slash pack as well as the full Amplitube, which I can't differentiate from the free Amplitube since you get nothing with it...except you pay for it. I also paid for the recording pack and the drums. All super handy.

The line 6 app is free and comes with all the amps and effects you need, except distortions and overdrives, although the amps have enough built in. They sound really, really good. Shockingly good, especially for a free app. I mean really good. Both apps do. I am having a hard time finding a reason to plug into my amps at the moment, since I live in an apt. Plus it is super convenient to grab my ipad and a guitar or bass and go somewhere and jam and learn shit, as opposed to just not play.

The sonic port actually has ins and outs which is great. When I am home I tried using it to plug into my Marshall Class 5 and set the line 6 Brown Sound setting up. It was crazy. Granted, I wasn't going for an EVH sound, but the quality of the sound coming from the Class 5 was awesome, and I had a ton of sounds from that one app left to mess with. I switched to Amplitube and pulled up the Soldano sim and well....yeah once again great sounds. I am not here to claim they sound exact, since I don't have a Soldano sitting side by side, but rather to discuss the quality and the variety of the sounds available, especially at the convenience. I know I have been playing a lot more since I got these and the fact that you can pull in songs and jam with them has been a plus. The sonic port works with Jammit as well.

Back