Is Rig Talk the Most-entertaining Gear Forum on the 'Net?

Is Rig Talk the Most-entertaining Gear Forum on the 'Net?

• Maybe

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters
It is for me.
It is probably the only forum I really frequent.
I used to spend a lot of time at U-G GGnA. Now I only go for tabs and news.
TGP is too heavy handed. SS doesn't really do it for me. Same for others.
GGF is really cool. Lots of cool dudes there but seems a bit clicky maybe :dunno:
I'm THE moderator on the splawn proboards but it is dead there.
RT hits all the sweet spots for me.
:cheers:

Great to hear, brother. I've always respected your wisdom and demeanour, so that's a fine endorsement for RT IMHO. :cheers:

Did you vote? There's only one up there besides mine and it was for "Never thought about it". Just checking in case you hit the wrong button. :D

Monkey Man":3dp16lhu said:
Great to hear, brother. I've always respected your wisdom and demeanour, so that's a fine endorsement for RT IMHO. :cheers:

Did you vote? There's only one up there besides mine and it was for "Never thought about it". Just checking in case you hit the wrong button. :D
Thanks brother man :yes:

I went ahead and voted my affirmation.

No, unless your idea of entertainment is drama and pissing contests...

I wasn't an original, but I've been here for quite a while. In the past there were a lot of good people with good advice and camaraderie. Sure, there were "favorites" and nut-huggers and the semi-annual Cameron shit-fest, but that stuff mostly took a backseat. The peripheral crap started to ramp up when the previous owner/moderator checked out for a state-sponsored vacation. It wasn't long before inconsistent moderation - or a complete lack of it - helped start the downward spiral. Sadly, verbal assaults, homophobic rants and illiterate, drunk postings weren't rare anymore. Add to that the fact that the clearly-written rules against politics and religion, which spawned the majority of the arguments (and literally have zero value on a guitar forum), were completely ignored and, ultimately, allowed. Presumably, because that's easier than moderating them. There's plenty of places that encourage that behavior and those topics - why we allow them here when it clearly makes what used to be a respected gear forum a laughing stock, makes zero since to me.

As it stands, there is decent activity in the "Classifieds" sub-forum, very few valuable discussions in the gear forums and a ton of worthless crap in the "Off Topic" area. And, yes, I know "If you don't like it, don't read it". So, I don't. The point is, if the posted restrictions were actually enforced, and attacks weren't allowed, people wouldn't bail out for other forums and the "Off Topic" topics might actually be entertaining like they used to be (hot peppers, salsa, cars, electronics, guns, etc.).

So, no. Definitely not the most entertaining of places at this point. YMMV...

RT still has it's moments, although they have become fewer and far between, IMO. Of course, there's always the threads where some member hasn't taken their meds and goes off on a rant...LOL...that's when I go find the ignore/foe or whatever option.

Indy - I respect your opinion. Can I assume you prefer some other gear sites over this one? Like which ones out of curiosity?

311splawndude":1w6il0b2 said:
Indy - I respect your opinion. Can I assume you prefer some other gear sites over this one? Like which ones out of curiosity?
I still lurk here, mostly in Classifieds to see what is (or isn't) selling and check the gear forums for anything of interest, but I spend far more time on GGF these days. It has some cool peeps (including people that used to be here) and far fewer tantrums and shit shows. Billy doesn't allow the political stuff that always ends in fights and he moderates fairly and only when he needs to...

311splawndude":mf3ky0nq said:

Yeah, that was nasty.
Sorry Munks, having a dude like that shit on your thread.

lester":3omwvmk0 said:
311splawndude":3omwvmk0 said:

Yeah, that was nasty.
:confused: Are you saying that I shit on this thread?

IndyWS6":1retm0ew said:
lester":1retm0ew said:
311splawndude":1retm0ew said:

Yeah, that was nasty.

Sounds like it to me.
Nothing wrong with your response.
I'm with ya on your take of how this place has changed.

IndyWS6":1pgszily said:
lester":1pgszily said:
311splawndude":1pgszily said:

Yeah, that was nasty.

Hey, he put it out there and that's your opinion I guess nasty/hateful and high and mighty as it may be.
But you do realize your so called glory days with Brad had ZERO moderation and you're gonna attack the current guys?
The only reason Billy cut political discussions from his site is because HE couldn't handle it, HIS fucking meltdowns and frustrations.
And if you knew anything about Monkey you'd know that one of his favorite things is the political discussions and apparently you're all about moderating and banning and again if you know anything about him he ain't about that either.
So in other words, yeah, maybe lurk more.

I been here since 2008.
Got in a few verbal scuffles thru the years.
Was invited to go to a private face book forum.
But I enjoy this place a lot. :thumbsup:

lester you are as much a buffoon as you are a snowflake. indy just stated his opinion. nothing for you to be up in arms about and certainty none of it was "hateful or nasty". grow a sack or find a better safe space.

Yeah, I kinda don't blame him for that. 
Billy's my way or the highway attitude can come off pretty dicky sometimes, but I really only disagree with the way he's handled those couple things because other than that he's super cool and pretty right about stuff and helpful.

Slee's constant oozing of TDS level 16 does get a little old and for as much weed as the dude smokes he sure is fucking aggro. Maybe switch strains. :LOL: :LOL:

LOL you guys are insane.

The politics stuff doesn't bother me too much because it doesn't leak into the main forum much if at all. I mean Off topic is off topic right? Pretty easy to ignore. I don't think we need 15 Corona threads but whatev's. I mean, if it wasn't for Trump being in the White House I really don't think it would be all that interesting anyway. OT used to be a dead as box of nails. :dunno:

And I remember plenty of meltdowns in the past. Cameron? Billy Blades? Bugera? I mean, one could argue those were a lot worse. Brad even put a ban on Cameron threads at one point it got so bad. The worst thing we have right now is the 'Evil Pumpkin made in China' thread which is harmless (outside of some weird death threat type stuff) :no: -which we all know was just forum banter.

Back