Is RT the wrong forum/What am I doing wrong?

racerevlon

For selling lower-end speaker cabinets? I currently have two 4x12's I'm trying to sell. One is a stock Crate Blue Voodoo 412A with stock speakers, casters, good condition, a minor tolex rip here or there, mono/stereo switchable 4/16ohms mono, 8 stereo, rear-loaded; local deal only but first $125 OBO takes it. Is it that it's local only? The shipping would be more than the purchase price!!! Cab is Monster wired and nothing is wrong with it, I just need the space.

Second is a Fender HM412A, again bone stock with casters. Stereo-ready, 8 ohms mono, front-loaded. Fuzzy gray tolex covering in good/decent shape. Again, local only but first $125 OBO takes. Nothing wrong, just need the space.

I've listed them on RT and on CL. A bite here or there but nothing solid. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to send them to the hell of the 'bay and have to mark them up to cover the fees. I'd rather someone's child/niece/nephew/neighbor /etc. need a starter 4x12 and get a solid one for a great price.

HELP!!!

Thanks,

FWIW, I actually gave two of the Crate 4x12's away here on r-t; my rationale was that I'd much rather see them go to a muso that needed them, than beat my head against a wall for $200.

If you need the space, and can take the hit, I'm a sure a local music school or player without the means would be more than grateful....give it some thought :thumbsup:

selling any 4x12 through the mail is hard, they are $$$ to ship regardless of selling price and most guys like to just buy local for cabs.

King Guitar":1s8u3wv6 said:
selling any 4x12 through the mail is hard, they are $$$ to ship regardless of selling price and most guys like to just buy local for cabs.
Yep, this^

Don't those blue voodoos have v30s? I can't remember, but if they do, they are a steal for the speakers alone. However, selling 4x12s in general is monumental feat online, let alone crate or fender 4x12s.... And for the record I will go ahead And say it, rig talk has the tendency to come off as gear snobbish, so this isn't going to help at all either. Nothin against this board, I love it, but all you have to do is "look around" here....

i've always looked to sell local for 4x12 cabs, a 2x12 i could probably find a decent way to ship it, but a 4x12 forget it, i'd stress myself out just trying to pack it and bring it to the courrier =0

might have to take a hit to get rid of them locally, but if you put a low price or a ridiculous price to clear someone locally will probably jump on it or someone willing to drive 2-3 hours for it

4x12 cabs are something you buy, not sell. Unless they are super collectable there is absolutely NO resale value. You will be lucky to get $125 for both of them. The times I had a cab to move I parted it out, made way more $$.

I'm trying to sell an unloaded Mesa Roadking 4x12 for $150 locally, no takers it's tough.

I couldn't imagine trying to ship it. :no:

Used gear is very plentiful. Unless it is high quality at a low price it sits.

I put an egnater Tourmaster 2x12 cab on consignment at a local store, 149$. Still sitting.

jcj":sakk5o6h said:
FWIW, I actually gave two of the Crate 4x12's away here on r-t; my rationale was that I'd much rather see them go to a muso that needed them, than beat my head against a wall for $200.

If you need the space, and can take the hit, I'm a sure a local music school or player without the means would be more than grateful....give it some thought :thumbsup:
You need to change your sig to Mr. Charity :LOL: :LOL:

racerevlon":3galzdfk said:
For selling lower-end speaker cabinets?

I've listed them on RT and on CL. A bite here or there but nothing solid. What am I doing wrong?

Dunno but listing them both here in a "plea for help" wasn't a bad marketing idea. ;)

racerevlon":254xklox said:
That's my point--I have them listed as local only, no shipping, silly-low prices, but still no luck.

That means your price is too high for what the current market will bear. If you're not willing to drop the price you'll need to hang tight.

Well IMO RT users know their gear, only look for high end and some have alot of $$ to throw around.

To answer your question, probably yes wrong place for that specific item.

Its not gonna hurt to list but you'd be better off listing the speakers alone for $200 if they are V30

If you are serious about selling the cabs, but them on ebay. I hate to say it, but when I list stuff on ebay 9 times out of 10 it sells. Even without shipping the cabs, you should get more hits.

And most of RT may be the wrong market. Most of us have moved past that level of gear. For me for example the only temptation is that its cheap.

jcj":2y7pcifz said:

I agree. If you truly need the space,DONATE THEM, and be done with it. Speakers will always sell for a decent (low) price, but cabs are usually hard to even give away.

The money that you would make from eventually selling them is not worth the hassle of them taking up space, just sitting there.

I sold an unloaded Marshall slant 4x12 pretty quick locally, but I sold it for 50 bucks. When it comes to 4x12's, the general population doesn't like to stray far from the usual suspects like Marshall, Mesa, Bogner.

jcj":73rf3cvn said:

And these are very much appreciated brotha,they thank you!!!!!!!

Back