Is the Marshall SC20H worth checking out?

I have wanted an SC 20 or an SV 20 for a while but I don't feel like paying $1700.00 + for something that is so much more powerful than I want or need . What I have wanted is a Plexi or JCM 800 sound but at much lower volumes . I have been blown away by the below video because these sounds are at an 0.02 watt setting .

JMP SAMPLES BELOW:

(Lonely is the night)

(Jamies Crying)

(Lay in down)

JCM 800 SAMPLES BELOW:

(Kickstart my heart)

(Balls to the wall)

https://youtu.be/M276pkb80s4?t=451

I love the SC20. Great rock crunch, from old AC/DC through power metal. It's not bright for me, through Creamback 65s, and I run the Gain from 2-3 to 6, where it's tighter. It has a bit more gain than a 2204, which is handy, and plenty loud enough IME to keep up with a drummer. And it weighs less than a 12 of longnecks. The 2525 to me didn't have as much available volume, and it needed volume before the gain channel gain stopped sounding diode-y to my ears, but the low gain channel sounded nicely gritty with the diodes on.
Sounds good to me! My SC20H will be here tomorrow.

I had a 2525H and loved it. The key to that amp was boosted, no rhythm clip, and volume. Fat tone. But, I'm looking for classic 800. The PT-20 V2 is a killer amp, but I still need a Marshall. If I was in a band, I wouldn't hesitate to get the big boy.

I have wanted an SC 20 or an SV 20 for a while but I don't feel like paying $1700.00 + for something that is so much more powerful than I want or need . What I have wanted is a Plexi or JCM 800 sound but at much lower volumes . I have been blown away by the below video because these sounds are at an 0.02 watt setting .

JMP SAMPLES BELOW:

(Lonely is the night)

(Jamies Crying)

(Lay in down)

JCM 800 SAMPLES BELOW:

(Kickstart my heart)

(Balls to the wall)

https://youtu.be/M276pkb80s4?t=451

I bought a clone of the JCM1 that the guy said was an exact copy, only he used NOS parts. It is one of the best sounding JCMs I've heard. Sounds just as big as my 2204 at the high and low bedroom volumes I play it at home. I love it. I wanted a real Marshall JCM1 but couldn't find one anywhere.

After realizing how great this amp is I now only want 1 watters for the bedroom but can't find them so I think I am going to build a couple.

Reactions: ccn
The sc20 I had was great.
Plenty of gain, sounded fine at lower volumes, took pedals well, nice effects loop (which lowers volume some when engaged), sounded like a good JCM. It does sound like a lower watt amp when compared to a 2203/4, but that's not always a bad thing. Actually kinda nice that it's not too boomy or harsh. Enjoy!

The sc20 I had was great.
Plenty of gain, sounded fine at lower volumes, took pedals well, nice effects loop (which lowers volume some when engaged), sounded like a good JCM. It does sound like a lower watt amp when compared to a 2203/4, but that's not always a bad thing. Actually kinda nice that it's not too boomy or harsh. Enjoy!
I suspect it'll need an EQ in the loop, but that's pretty common practice for me anyway. If it blows me away, I may decide to part with the Friedman. It's a great amp, but it still isn't a Marshall.

I suspect it'll need an EQ in the loop, but that's pretty common practice for me anyway. If it blows me away, I may decide to part with the Friedman. It's a great amp, but it still isn't a Marshall.
I liked the sc20 better than the JJ Jr.
It recorded great. Low input is a perfect pedal platform, too. I think you'll dig it.
Made me want a bigger one, tho. So now I have a 4104 with 6550s. Schweet

I bought a clone of the JCM1 that the guy said was an exact copy, only he used NOS parts. It is one of the best sounding JCMs I've heard. Sounds just as big as my 2204 at the high and low bedroom volumes I play it at home. I love it. I wanted a real Marshall JCM1 but couldn't find one anywhere.

After realizing how great this amp is I now only want 1 watters for the bedroom but can't find them so I think I am going to build a couple.
The problem is Marshall only offered them in 2012 and the ones that do occasionally come up for sale are being sold for DOUBLE the price . It's insane .

The below video is Jacob testing out a brand new 50's Les Paul and he's using a JMP 1 WATT head . Incredible

Back