Is there anything like the Friedman IR-X...

Rex Rocker

... but that's heavier-sounding?

Now hear me out. I don't mean to say the Friedman stuff can't sound heavy. But I'm more of a Rectifier guy than a modded-Marshall guy. So something along those lines?

I've been wanting to move to a tube-digital hybrid setup. I love the ability to play through IR's and headphones, and record direct with IR's. But I also want to be able to run into a tube poweramp and a cab to get some air moving if I want to. Right now, I'm using an HX Stomp for that, but I'd prefer it if the preamp was also tube.

So... any suggestions?

Thanks!

... but that's heavier-sounding?

Now hear me out. I don't mean to say the Friedman stuff can't sound heavy. But I'm more of a Rectifier guy than a modded-Marshall guy. So something along those lines?

I've been wanting to move to a tube-digital hybrid setup. I love the ability to play through IR's and headphones, and record direct with IR's. But I also want to be able to run into a tube poweramp and a cab to get some air moving if I want to. Right now, I'm using an HX Stomp for that, but I'd prefer it if the preamp was also tube.

So... any suggestions?

Thanks!
Nothing that I know of, but it’s a perfect format for the modern guitarist. I’m pretty sure it was a hot seller and I’d expect to see more makers following said format in the near future.

You could do a Synergy Syn-1 with a poweramp simulator/IR box, like a Two Notes or something.

The IR-X is basically like a Synergy BE-DLX module with the digital sim stuff added in.

The Uberschall, IICP, SLO, 6505, etc... modules all get pretty heavy.

The synergy suggestions are good. You might consider the Mesa V-Twin pedal (or other tube preamp pedals) into an IR loader. There may even be an IR loader that does some level of power amp simulation before the IR like the IR-X does.

I'd get a load box with IR capabilities as others suggested. I have a basic Mesa Cabclone IR and it works great with my two Mesa amps

Back