It's the annual "What came and what went" gear in review thread...

I don’t regret it. I mean I liked having the stereo old school beasts but I would have wanted to mod it to superlead specs and put in a metroloop to use it as a slave amp and that was the wrong amp to do it on. It was all original and didn’t deserve what I had planned. I like the metroplex as it fits my bill. I really want to get an old Marshall headshell to run the metroplex into.

The nugget we rescued:

She had:
whip worm
Hook worm
Round worm
Fleas
Ticks
Bad ear infections that they had trouble diagnosing
An eye contusion from abuse
Overweight/malnourished

She had never walked on a leash and didn’t know life outside of a crate or back yard.

I don’t regret saving her but she was a $5,000 rescue.

View attachment 99287
View attachment 99290
I feel just the same. I can always get new gear. I rarely play these days so all my stuff just sits there getting dusty. Thankfully pet insurance is helping. I just don't want to dig too deep into savings or jack up the credit card if I can avoid it.

I’ll tell you one thing, tax season next year is going to suck for many in this thread when banks and online portals start generating 1099-Ks. Not just profits, but having to calculate everything and keep track of the paperwork for audit purposes.

I got into so much trouble with my fiancé for the Les pauls I snagged. Are any of the heavy hitters married? What’s your secret? 😂

I would like to hear their answers! Haha!!

I’ll tell you one thing, tax season next year is going to suck for many in this thread when banks and online portals start generating 1099-Ks. Not just profits, but having to calculate everything and keep track of the paperwork for audit purposes.

But, those Les Pauls are all time bad ass!!
I got into so much trouble with my fiancé for the Les pauls I snagged. Are any of the heavy hitters married? What’s your secret? 😂

Bought:
Bogner 100B
Kelley
Wizard MCII KT75
Naylor SD60
66 Pro Reverb
Tremoverb 2x12
Strandberg - Swedish custom shop 7 string
Suhr Standard Custom HSH
POG 2
Unit 67
DD2
Centura
Dude
Fryette PS2

Sold:
Suhr SL68
Perplexed S3
Friedman BE100 OG 2 input (regretting that one!)
Soldano SLO100
Fryette PS2
Question: what was it you didn't like about the Suhr SL68 as I was thinking of getting one to replace my Metroplex??

So many Triple Rectifier Rev F Black Faceplate/Chrome Chasis on here. If any of you studs need to move one, let me know!

Out:
Nothing

In:
New studio desk
AxeFX3 MK2
Matrix
Furman
QTY 2 Xitone passive wedges
Mesa Traditional Straight 412
Gibson Slash Victoria Goldtop

Question: what was it you didn't like about the Suhr SL68 as I was thinking of getting one to replace my Metroplex??
I just want to point out I considered the SL68 before going the metroplex route and i want to remind you the SL68 will require a load box to get the cranked plexi tone with a functional loop, and the metroplex can cop the cranked plexi tone at any volume with the added features of a switchable loop and built in boost all in one. The metroplex is a Swiss Army knife of Marshall tones, I really feel the SL68 is a compromise IMHO.

Back