J75LD Damaged in Transit

texmarkmusic

Quick question. I bought a pair of J75LD’s from a great forum member. Shipped each speaker individually boxed with no issues. When I received one of the speakers, one if the corners of the box was crushed. The speaker physically looked fine but when I took it out to test with a quick thump on the cone and a battery test, it appears it took a hit that caused the voice coil to become misaligned. Coil rub and cone excursion is severely affected.

Is there a way to realign the voice coil without a complete tear down?

Thanks for any suggestions…

Mark

Quick question. I bought a pair of J75LD’s from a great forum member. Shipped each speaker individually boxed with no issues. When I received one of the speakers, one if the corners of the box was crushed. The speaker physically looked fine but when I took it out to test with a quick thump on the cone and a battery test, it appears it took a hit that caused the voice coil to become misaligned. Coil rub and cone excursion is severely affected.

Is there a way to realign the voice coil without a complete tear down?

Thanks for any suggestions…

Mark
Not likely. You'd have to send it in to see if I can save it. Sorry I missed this thread, but I was in the hospital from 3/1 to 5/20.

Reactions: PDC
Not likely. You'd have to send it in to see if I can save it. Sorry I missed this thread, but I was in the hospital from 3/1 to 5/20.
Jim. It’s Mark from Texas. You already took care of this buddy. Most importantly, I hope you are continuing to recover sir. Back to the speaker repair, Jim, you are the best and it’s always great to work with someone who has a passion and truly cares about their product, pre and post sale…I’m one of your biggest fans….

Back