Jackson pro series

@GG4211 , what do you think about the older model rocket red one that has the three screw neck joint? It also has Okoume wood for the body... never heard of that wood before.
rguuq1mmm5w1birijucj_800x.jpg

@GG4211 , what do you think about the older model rocket red one that has the three screw neck joint? It also has Okoume wood for the body... never heard of that wood before.

That is a DK2 from the Okoume series, right? Have not played that model yet or any Jackson with that specific neck joint. This looks interesting. I will have to get my hands on one and try it out. It is a Pro series so I think that my previous post will lay out what generally to expect. Odds are in favor of getting a really nice, great playing guitar. If not, you fell into that ~20% of guitars with issues. Return it and get a different one. The Pros are great guitars and with just a bit of tweaking and work can be brought very close in feel to their USA counterparts.

I will say that I have a number of US custom shop Dinkys. They have the square 4 bolt neck joint but it is contoured so that it gets thinner at the end of the neck joint. Makes for a neck joint that I have never really noticed or had an issue with when playing.

I like the rounded contoured Pro neck joint from years past.

Anything is better than those old vintage strat style neck joints IMO. It is like someone decided to put "Castle Black and The Wall" on a freakin' guitar. I have a Charvel Satchel with that style neck joint. I am very aware of that neck joint when playing.

That is a DK2 from the Okoume series, right? Have not played that model yet or any Jackson with that specific neck joint. This looks interesting. I will have to get my hands on one and try it out. It is a Pro series so I think that my previous post will lay out what generally to expect. Odds are in favor of getting a really nice, great playing guitar. If not, you fell into that ~20% of guitars with issues. Return it and get a different one. The Pros are great guitars and with just a bit of tweaking and work can be brought very close in feel to their USA counterparts.

I will say that I have a number of US custom shop Dinkys. They have the square 4 bolt neck joint but it is contoured so that it gets thinner at the end of the neck joint. Makes for a neck joint that I have never really noticed or had an issue with when playing.

I like the rounded contoured Pro neck joint from years past.

Anything is better than those old vintage strat style neck joints IMO. It is like someone decided to put "Castle Black and The Wall" on a freakin' guitar. I have a Charvel Satchel with that style neck joint. I am very aware of that neck joint when playing.
Yeah, it must be the Okoume series. I've seen them blowing out at MF for $650.

I have an 88' Charvel model 2 and I cannot play the lower three strings above 19th fret. It is like a big brick obstructing my reach at the neck joint.

It's a Mahogany type variant, similar to the Pau Ferro and Rosewood deal.

Those Wild Cards Jacksons look amazing. Have come to realize I need a neck-thru or set-neck for myself to get the best upper fret access possible.

Yeah, it must be the Okoume series. I've seen them blowing out at MF for $650.

I have an 88' Charvel model 2 and I cannot play the lower three strings above 19th fret. It is like a big brick obstructing my reach at the neck joint.
Jackson is putting out a new series. The MJ series. Made in Japan. They should be available in April or May. I suspect that there will be a lot of bang for the buck in that line.

I bought a black King V pro series, made in Indonesia, in 2018. Its been a great guitar. I don't think you can find something better at the price point, maybe the Solars (which I had, and was also great). I like this guitar so much that I bought it back from the guy I sold it to last year haha. I just put a Nazgul/Sentient in it today, and gave it a fresh set up. One of those guitars that's so cheap its hard to sell for what its worth. I also replaced the stock FR with a FR pro off of an EBMM JP. Cool guitar.

Back