JBE mode on JJ

hatrick00

Hey guys quick question, curious to see what others do and maybe what Dave would suggest. When you switch to the JBE mode on the JJ are you guys raising your global master volume, lead channel volume, or a combination of both? I have been raising just the global master volume and was not sure if that was the best method. I'm guessing it really does not matter, was just curious to see what others do.

I always raise the master and back off the clean volume to match. I haven't experimented much recently but I seemed to settle on a lower preamp volume and higher master. Lower preamp volume seemed to keep the gain and feel a little smoother on JBE.

I have a JJ with added volume control for the JBE channel. It seems to be pretty much the same tone if I were to raise the master or raise the channel volume. I tend to leave the channel volume at noon. I think the manual says that you want the channel volume around noon or higher for the effects loop to work its best.......I could be wrong though can't remember.

Back