Jeff Loomis leaves Arch Enemy and asked my friend to be in the band!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Metalhex
  • Start date Start date
Metalhex
Metalhex
Screenshot_20231230_104204_Chrome.jpg

I just called Joey to confirm if this is true and it is! He's an amazing person and guitarist who's worshipped AE husband whole life; great friends with the band. He took lessons from Chris as a kid.

Last year we were smoking weed in my car and talked about "shit dude can you imagine if Jeff left the band and they asked you to be in the band"? It's now become a reality!

Check out his solo stuff!

View attachment 275727
I just called Joey to confirm if this is true and it is! He's an amazing person and guitarist who's worshipped AE husband whole life; great friends with the band. He took lessons from Chris as a kid.

Last year we were smoking weed in my car and talked about "shit dude can you imagine if Jeff left the band and they asked you to be in the band"? It's now become a reality!

Check out his solo stuff!
Joey is a sick player. And as a huge Christopher Amott fan boy myself, I can say his style is very much like Chris. Almost a carbon copy. Loved Loomis in Nevermore, but once Chris left AE, I lost interest, (and I own their entire catalog back to Johan days). Loomis wasn't a good fit in AE. Joey is. Have both of his solo albums and he's more than worthy.

Chris is in my top 5 best guitar players. He's grossly underrated, and is one of the more tasteful players that can also shred with the best of them. Joey is like his clone. You can hear Chris's influence all over his work. You can tell he learned from Chris, undeniably.

Last edited:
That's great news: Jeff Loomis is one of the best in my book and didn't fit in with AE, imho he is a much better musician than anyone else in that band (for my taste they are too much posing and show around a female lead singer and have not nearly the musical substance that Nevermore had). And now Joey can shine - win/win. Looking forward to Jeff's new endeavor.

That's great news: Jeff Loomis is one of the best in my book and didn't fit in with AE, imho he is a much better musician than anyone else in that band (for my taste they are too much posing and show around a female lead singer and have not nearly the musical substance that Nevermore had). And now Joey can shine - win/win. Looking forward to Jeff's new endeavor.
Yup. Jinjer > AE.

This is really heart warming. It’s like Jeff was finally rescued from a stifling doomsday cult where his only role was to follow the leader.

My thoughts as well, which is why I lost interest. Since Angela left, the focus is their hot singer, and subpar music. Last good album was Khaos Legions. And that was over 10 years ago, (Angela's last album), as well as Chris. It's been a downhill slide since, and Jeff was just going through the motions. Michael runs the show, I doubt Jeff even had much, (if any), musical input whatsoever.

Joey is a sick player. And as a huge Christopher Amott fan boy myself, I can say his style is very much like Chris. Almost a carbon copy. Loved Loomis in Nevermore, but once Chris left AE, I lost interest, (and I own their entire catalog back to Johan days). Loomis wasn't a good fit in AE. Joey is. Have both of his solo albums and he's more than worthy.

Chris is in my top 5 best guitar players. He's grossly underrated, and is one of the more tasteful players that can also shred with the best of them. Joey is like his clone. You can hear Chris's influence all over his work. You can tell he learned from Chris, undeniably.
Hell yeah he's the perfect fit! Nobody is more deserving than him, he is super humble and appreciative.

I think I heard that Jeff was working on a solo album so maybe he will have more time for that. Win/win for everyone.

Last edited:
@Stephen sawall, I’m a struggling musician looking for a guitar player for solos on my album. Do you think you could share this link with Jeff next time you meet him? Maybe he’ll know what to do with it. On the recordings, the synth is drowning out the guitar, I realise, but it’s very guitar driven, and I would only expect to be able to (maybe) pay Jeff (or not, if he wants a writing cut) for solos. Could you just share this, please? Struggling musician, hence the desperation haha. Cheers.

https://on.soundcloud.com/AXpuvDmVNp9U24gv6

I quit smoking too, so maybe I’ll sound like my younger self on these songs.

PS: I don’t expect to be able to meet Jeff’s fees. But it would be good to know what it is for a song or two in case I can convince my wife that I need a hired gun to make my music stand out.

I’m not sure anyone can replace Christopher Amott in Arch Enemy. He’s awesome. I loved their first three albums, they should bring back Laniiv.

@Stephen sawall, I’m a struggling musician looking for a guitar player for solos on my album. Do you think you could share this link with Jeff next time you meet him? Maybe he’ll know what to do with it. On the recordings, the synth is drowning out the guitar, I realise, but it’s very guitar driven, and I would only expect to be able to (maybe) pay Jeff (or not, if he wants a writing cut) for solos. Could you just share this, please? Struggling musician, hence the desperation haha. Cheers.

PS: I don’t expect to be able to meet Jeff’s fees. But it would be good to know what it is for a song or two in case I can convince my wife that I need a hired gun to make my music stand out.
Good luck and best wishes to you kind sir. ✌🏻🥳🙏🏻🤟🏻🫶🏻

Good luck and best wishes to you kind sir. ✌🏻🥳🙏🏻🤟🏻🫶🏻
No way you listened to that in 10 minutes, Sir. If you have 7, please listen to the song Becoming Devil in that playlist, thanks. 🙏

I'm the opposite...I like the newer Arch better. Sad about Loomis leaving but he is uber talented as a guitarist.
New guy seems like a great fit!

I'm the opposite...I like the newer Arch better. Sad about Loomis leaving but he is uber talented as a guitarist.
New guy seems like a great fit!
I like it too but then I heard Jinjer. Tati is a whole other level of beauty and the rhythm section has early 90’s genius, creativity and energy.

I don't know Jeff. I have been introduced to him by mutual friends.

I like it too but then I heard Jinjer. Tati is a whole other level of beauty and the rhythm section has early 90’s genius, creativity and energy.
I'd have to disagree on the "whole other level beauty" comment. Alissa is pretty damn hot. Tatiana isn't ugly by any means, but not as hot as Alissa.

Back