Jeff Loomis Signature Block

Stone Tone Products

Hello everyone, been along time. One of my friends mentioned this forum and thought while im here updating my profile I'd drop a heads up that Jeff Loomis has his own Floyd Rose Signature block coming out. I've bought a 100 watt EVH 5150 IIIs EL 34 and was lookin for some mods and feedback on those heads etc...

Hardware upgrades such as this are not snake oil. They provide an easy to hear difference. What IS undoubtedly snake oil is any claim that X upgrade is suitable for everything. I've messed around with various Floyd and TOM upgrades over the years and it can go one of three ways:

1) the upgraded material(s) and/or mass synergizes beautifully with the instrument, enhancing the tone/response with no side effects.
2) the change results in the guitar gaining and losing something. E.g. "it gained sustain but lost sparkle"
3) the change is undesirable and the hardware's tonal attributes went too far in particular direction. E.g. adding titanium everything on a thin sounding guitar or brass saddles/nut on an already dark/overly warm sounding guitar lacking spank/pick attack.

Hardware upgrades such as this are not snake oil. They provide an easy to hear difference. What IS undoubtedly snake oil is any claim that X upgrade is suitable for everything. I've messed around with various Floyd and TOM upgrades over the years and it can go one of three ways:

1) the upgraded material(s) and/or mass synergizes beautifully with the instrument, enhancing the tone/response with no side effects.
2) the change results in the guitar gaining and losing something. E.g. "it gained sustain but lost sparkle"
3) the change is undesirable and the hardware's tonal attributes went too far in particular direction. E.g. adding titanium everything on a thin sounding guitar or brass saddles/nut on an already dark/overly warm sounding guitar lacking spank/pick attack.
THIS.

It’s all about experimenting. The easiest answer is with a thin or less than good sounding guitar; adding a bigger block or other upgrades definitely helps ime anyway. But, sometimes a guitar that already sounds great can go in the opposite direction with upgrades and you realize that stock form was best.

Lol, you got ripped here pretty good as well back in the day....in any case, this thread is still young.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/floyd-rose-releases-stone-tone-granite-block.146448/
It's amazing how people respond on something they have no clue what they're talking about so instead of participating with people that are not willing to engage in the concept and how it works rather than insult and criticize, it's just a big waste of my time and whether this thread is young or not I have no time for folks like that.

I'm sure you remember that after two years the person that you guys know very well Steve Henning stepped in and bought a block and did a review when everyone in that room said now will know that this is truly snake oil because Steve tells it like it is well there right about that part he did tell it like it is and he stated the facts that the block works better than Any other block on the market or that he has tried and proved it in more than one way.

I was not around for that because I had already left but Steve contacted me to let me know what happened and how happy he was then made a point to meet me at 2018 Winter Namm.

Last edited:
Can you please tell us more about the concept behind using this material?
It's hard to be brief yet many want to dig in the metaphysics of the mineral composition of how and why it works so first off, I am not a college professor yet I have worked & conversed with many in the 19 yrs I've been persuing this concept into reality for string instruments comprised of a bridge system in particular the Floyd Rose Tremolo.

The knowledge I've aquired that i'll explain came from distingushed professionals of all different fields of work related to geology and geophysics. The chosen stone I've used on all my tests have been Volcano Black Absolute granite from India and Mongolian Black. The mineral composition of these granites are paramount & have high percentages of Carbon & Quartz that excite the atoms of the atomic structure while under simentaneous pressure and vibration causing a Piezo Effect reducing signal loss and retaining the strings energies than allowing it to dissapate.

The more mass, more vibration, more more pressure, bigger the performance, which are the words of a Nasa Geo Physicist. And it get's deeper than that but as an overview that's why this material is optimum for this Block. Here is a customer who left a review on my google listing Stone Tone Products, His Name is Michael Tucker and he wanted to share his sediments:

I’ve been in the calibration and measurement field for nearly 25 years now, and have quite a bit of experience in the audio engineering field. Having said that, I am very skeptical when it comes to claims such as the ones that Stone Tone makes, about new products, that seem to perform miracles, the kind of claims which every company in business make nowadays, but I have to say, this technology and this product are as absolutely legit as it gets ! In my profession, we use hardness testers and surface levels that measure the tiniest fractions of a single degree and that kind of precision and technology is what is being used here to aid in the transfer of sound waves through objects as accurately as physically possible and the end result is a an amazingly accurate output that was just not being utilized before now !!! Just like the woodwind family, specific density and composition of material is carefully chosen to customize and fine tune a unique sound by the composer and this process is very similar and has the same effect on sound waves and is a new and different tone or mood on the end product. I’m not paid or given anything by anyone to endorse this product, I just honestly can’t stop talking about how brilliant the concept is and how true the hype is.
- Michael Tucker

The results to expect after installation:
Utilizing this optimum material allows you to achieve maximun attack, clarity, sustain, note articulation, note seperation, harmonics and punch. While the lows get tight and articulate, the harmonics scream effortlessly! Palm mutes, tapping, sweeps, you name it, all sounds so much better.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.37.27 PM.png

Photo credit: Glen La Ferman

Last edited:
SSO banned me for spam? With the lanuage and disrespect there members said about Jeff myself and others w/ no merit besides crossing the lines of their "terms of use is another reminder why I don't and haven't participated in these forums for years.. jeeez. Talk about a bunch a hypocrytes. so so good over here @ RT but if anyones got questions cool but this post is far from a hard sale.Not my intent at all.

not spam as long as there's interaction between yourself and potential customers on the attributes of the product...imo...and also if there's interaction from you on other threads as well. Not like you have your own section in the builders section. As long as this does not turn into an infomercial basically...never been on SSO but I heard it's a little different over there.

Back