JEL 20 w/ a Strat

That amp sounds really good!. Not so soft and smooth like the Friedmans I have owned and or played. How are you using the PS? Are you boosting or reducing volume? How bout the switches , depth and presence? I ask because I am curious how much the PS100 is affecting the tone. Nice clip. Thanks for posting.

Wow, that sounds great! Single coil sized Fishman in the bridge position? That's what I think I'm hearing. I've been falling in love with singles in the bridge.

That amp sounds really good!. Not so soft and smooth like the Friedmans I have owned and or played. How are you using the PS? Are you boosting or reducing volume? How bout the switches , depth and presence? I ask because I am curious how much the PS100 is affecting the tone. Nice clip. Thanks for posting.
The Power Station was reducing the volume a bit. The amp volume was below 9:00! Presence was at noon. No sat switch, Gain Volume was 3:00 and pulled. No Depth on this amp. Bass was at 9:00. Boosted with a Boss SD1. There is a Boss DD-3T in the Power Station loop.

Wow, that sounds great! Single coil sized Fishman in the bridge position? That's what I think I'm hearing. I've been falling in love with singles in the bridge.
That’s a MIM Hendrix Strat with the Fishman Fluence Pickguard.

Sounds great! Is it at a pretty high volume?
It was pretty loud. The Volume was under 9:00 and the Power Station was attenuating it a little. I only had a little delay but it sounds like I'm in a Reverb Chamber! Wild amp. IMO, it sounds and behaves like a 50 watter.

Great playing, Carl, as always ! Amp sounds too smooth for my taste. A little more rawness would go a long way with your playing style.

Great playing, Carl, as always ! Amp sounds too smooth for my taste. A little more rawness would go a long way with your playing style.
I'm on the look-out for another head. The PRS HDRX 100 w/ pedals isn't cutting it. To me, the JEL is pretty raw. Any suggestions?

The dreaded Friedman softies'..it's nice he is coming back around with circuits and amps that have more teeth. I do agree that this amp sounds good.

Sounds good. Killer playing ,man! Sounds as you mentioned like a big reverb wash coming from the room you are in. I imagine the amp has more grit than I can hear thru a vid, wondering why the need for a PS100, not criticism just curious, I thought the loops and MV on the Friedman were 2 of the better features. Now if you are adding tube distortion from the PS100? Sounds good period, hope you dig it.

Sounds good. Killer playing ,man! Sounds as you mentioned like a big reverb wash coming from the room you are in. I imagine the amp has more grit than I can hear thru a vid, wondering why the need for a PS100, not criticism just curious, I thought the loops and MV on the Friedman were 2 of the better features. Now if you are adding tube distortion from the PS100? Sounds good period, hope you dig it.
The Loop and the MV on the Friedman work great. No real reason for the PS100 other than I either utilize it or it sits in a closet. It really isn’t needed.

The Loop and the MV on the Friedman work great. No real reason for the PS100 other than I either utilize it or it sits in a closet. It really isn’t needed.
Would the 100 watt power section of the PS be an advantage to the JEL? Seems it could be somehow. I know those 6550 tubes are kick ass, was on the fence to get that or the PS-2a which I got , and it definitely adds some noticeable tone to a digital preamp, as to be expected I guess. Cool rig you got

Back