John Petrucci new G3 = TONE!!!

Definitely a good tone!

I know I might get shot here but I always find Petrucci's solo tunes a little boring and uninspiring. Morse seem to have so much more depth to his writing. Just my opinion though. :)

Jdguitar":3jxmkuga said:
Definitely a good tone!

I know I might get shot here but I always find Petrucci's solo tunes a little boring and uninspiring. Morse seem to have so much more depth to his writing. Just my opinion though. :)

I somewhat agree... but, I find alot better phrasing and 'feel' with his new tunes. Looks like older age and endless experience is looking good on John. Love hearing more double note bends and a little blues infused licks thrown into his phrasing. Looking forward to his and Marco Sfogli's next solo records!!!

Those Triaxis preamps also sounded absolutely great in Metallica's Load/ReLoad era, regardless of what you think about their music at that moment, the tone was great.

I'm actually looking for a Triaxis in NY if anyone has one to unload. Looking for a deal tho (backup to my axe fx). Now they're gonna go up in price again...

I'm actually in NYC and was just about to post how I was gonna unload my Triaxis but this made me rethink it, but I'm probably still looking to sell it. PM me what kind of a deal you're looking for.

Here's a longer cut of the first video. Lets you hear more of the pop punk stuff haha.

yngzaklynch":1e5lt07u said:
Petrucci is a great player however that tune was like some crazy mix of Paul Gilbert and Blink 182.

Thats what i love about it. Im a huge pop punk fan but i also love shredding. Always love it when the two come together.

suhrimmetal":1pgwxocj said:
Jdguitar":1pgwxocj said:
Definitely a good tone!

I somewhat agree... but, I find alot better phrasing and 'feel' with his new tunes. Looks like older age and endless experience is looking good on John. Love hearing more double note bends and a little blues infused licks thrown into his phrasing. Looking forward to his and Marco Sfogli's next solo records!!!

I like JP when he slows down a lot more than the speed trem picking thing he does. He's a shredder for sure, but I like his bluesy playing more.

Back