Jose preamp clip, sleezy rock

RaceU4her

the few threads about jose's gave me the urge to play mine. this is my strat with a newly installed duncan 78' going into the jose preamp into my ampeg v50h set clean to my 1960. not quite sure about this 78 yet, wish it was just a hotter and juicier but for the 70s rock thing it sounds good, i probably should have tried boosting it with something but maybe next time. i went for a 70s aerosmith type thing but it ended up sounding more like ac/dc i think. i wanna know what you fuckers think of this mix

https://app.box.com/embed/s/cmi19ncq0fh96lqq4oo6vf8tkkf86irm

Last edited:
Pretty dope man

Have you tried messing around with the height of that pickup to try getting it closer to what you want?

Pretty dope man

Have you tried messing around with the height of that pickup to try getting it closer to what you want?

i have not but i probably should. i actually like it more now listening to this again today, its chimey and throaty and not really like anything else i have, just not something im probably gonna use a whole ton so maybe thats why im questioning it. guess ill just have to write more sleaze rock

Always love and appreciate your clips brother. Excellent playing and your practicing of your production skills continuously is paying off

Always love and appreciate your clips brother. Excellent playing and your practicing of your production skills continuously is paying off

thank you my dude. its taken a while but i feel like i almost have half a clue whats going on with this shit, now i just gotta get my drumming solid enough to record actual songs. its probably not the age to try and start learning double bass to the level i think my songs need but its gotta be done.

this is good news, i dont want to be the typical guitar player turned mixer always making the guitars way too loud as i might have been guilty of in the past :LOL:

Overheads are just wayyyy too loud, dropping that down is probably all you’d have to do, guitars will be fine then.

Back