Josh Homme Discussion

I love QOTSA up to Lullabies to Paralyze. He's done a lot of videos over the years highlighting some of the stranger pieces of gear he uses. But in my opinion, it's his tone, if he wants to keep the info to himself then that's his choice. I don't really care either way because I'm not a fan of trying to mimic's someone else's sound. Anyway, it's not like someone's going to stumble on the formula and suddenly start the next QOTSA.

I went to see them 2 weekends ago, still sounds great. His voice was a bit rough on the first tune, but it was all good after that.

Deep state stoner rock

1714427682080.png

I saw QOTSA at Lollopalooza around 2002. Didn't know who they were, didn't impress me at all. Pretty boring. Audioslave and Jane's Addiction tore it up, though.

He refuses to answer a question, that he could have easily skipped over and NOT included in the video......SELF IMPORTANT DOUCHE.

I wonder if he looks at pictures of himself when he gets lonely... :ROFLMAO:

I skipped back to the beginning of the question, and accidentally went 20 seconds too far. The previous question must have been about having trust in your fellow bandmates while touring, because he begins to get emotional about "trusting his life" to his bandmates to NOT run into him, while on stage. Thankfully he is a self-centered twat, so he will be always safe.......

Last edited:
I dig early Kyuss. Never really thought about chasing Josh's tone though.

I guess I'll continue to dig early Kyuss....while still not caring about his tone.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the commentary of this thread though. :ROFLMAO:

I guess most of you don't know that he just endured a terrible divorce from the love of his life and mother of his kids.

9 years ago his best friend got attacked and like 80+ people were murdered.

Recently he's lost 9 of his best friends.

Cancer came knocking as well.

Please go on about how terrible a human being he is for encouraging others to find their own voice rather than copy his.
Nigel, if you know all that.. what boost is he running ?

:unsure:

I guess most of you don't know that he just endured a terrible divorce from the love of his life and mother of his kids.

9 years ago his best friend got attacked and like 80+ people were murdered.

Recently he's lost 9 of his best friends.

Cancer came knocking as well.
And... none of that is related to his attitude towards sharing his tone or whether he is a good or bad person?

Sorry but his "explanation" is pretentious bullshit and literally boils down to "I'd rather know a secret you don't and I like that you want to know but can't."

I've never even listened to his music but in my book, anybody who jealously hoards/gatekeeps gear info because of their holier than thou god complex like he's got, however they choose to spin it, doesn't deserve your time or attention.

This isn't even to mention his excuse that “I want yoooou to experiment and find out what I do on your oooown” is kind of in direct contrast with how he's a professional musician who has all the time and access in the world to all the gear he wants to use, contrasted against his non-professional fans who just want to know what direction to start looking to get the sounds they've been inspired by, because they don't have anywhere near the kind of access to discover all the stuff he's been able to learn, without having to churn through a merry-go-round of tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear in their spare time with no guarantee of ever finding what inspired them to start the search in the first place.

He could instantly resolve the issue for his fans at no cost to himself but chooses not to, which makes him a cunt. Fuck him.
He sounds like a cunt… now he makes me want to stop listening to Kyiss and that one song from QOTSA

Maybe it’s pretentious, maybe not. Have to say if I was a pro musician I probably wouldn’t want to disclose, but I would avoid drawing attention to it. It’s a business and all.

Back