Just got a shipping notification on my 22 watt/6V6 Mid-Sized Quick Rod.

War_in_D

If it goes out today or tomorrow, should be here by the end of the week! I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

Yeah, I was completely oblivious to the mid-sized QR, until I called Scott to ask about doing a Street Rod as a head becaue I was looking for a lower wattage QR option. The Street Rod is basically a 40 watt QR, in combo form so I thought a SR in head format would be the ticket. Scott told me that he quit making the SR into a head, because people just couldn't get around the "upside down" control layout when it was converted to a head from the combo (with all the controls running across the top instead of the bottom). So, that's how the mid-sized QR was born. That's what he suggested, and I saw it had the 6V6/22 watt option so that's what I ended up going with.

Of course, this was before I bought the Fryette PS100. I was thinking I could crank the 22 watter a bit more to get the power section going, but it's kind of a moot point now with the Fryette. LOL

Warren - is that your QR that was just posted on the Splawn FB page?

Black with gold trim and tweed center? Frickin Beautiful man! It says headed to Arkansas. :yes:

Warren - is that your QR that was just posted on the Splawn FB page?

Black with gold trim and tweed center? Frickin Beautiful man! It says headed to Arkansas. :yes:

Yup, that's the one.. or at least I'm assuming that's it. LOL

Splawn QR 22 watt.jpg

Quick update.. Amp arrived, but was damaged in transport. One side of the headshell was completely blown apart. The only thing holding the headshell together on that corner was about 1 1/2" of tolex. Split it all the way across, right along the glue seam. Good news is, the amp still works and sounds awesome!

Sucks though, because now Scott is going to have to build a new headshell for it. I really feel bad for Scott, this is two in a row that have gotten damaged between NC and Arkansas that Scott has had to fix on his dime. They must have some real gorillas in the UPS network between here and there.

Pic 1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg
Pic 3.jpg

Back