Just got the Einstein

Alright, I said screw it and bought the Einstein Thur. and I've been glued to it since. I love the vintage voicing of the amp and have one question, which of the other 2 Diezel amps have the voicing and sound of the Einstein, Herbert or VH4? I love the vintage 80s sound and need an amp with TONS of mids..TONS, more than Marshall more than a Mark IV :rock:

I might just upgrade to it. :doh:

FriedChickenBandit":12501 said:
Dimebag11":12501 said:

Yes but does it have the same voicing as the Einstein?

no, I think it's a little more clear and a hair more dry (on CH3) CH2 gets AMAZING Rock tones. It's still got those diezel mids!!! and a whole lot of them! It's got more gain and sounds more modern overall.

Listen to Tool's 10,000 Days album :rock:

Not to subvert Dime's sales attempt, but I honestly think that if you like the Einstein's voicing so much you might find the Herbert a little more up your alley than the VH4...

Dimebag11":4c704 said:
FriedChickenBandit":4c704 said:
Dimebag11":4c704 said:

Yes but does it have the same voicing as the Einstein?

no, I think it's a little more clear and a hair more dry (on CH3) CH2 gets AMAZING Rock tones. It's still got those diezel mids!!! and a whole lot of them! It's got more gain and sounds more modern overall.

Listen to Tool's 10,000 Days album :rock:

AHHH fuck I hate Tool and all these new bubblegum bands of the last few years. I like bands that can play. :doh: I "H-A-T-E" modern anything on amps also. :gethim:
:LOL: :LOL:

Hamilton":86350 said:
Not to subvert Dime's sales attempt, but I honestly think that if you like the Einstein's voicing so much you might find the Herbert a little more up your alley than the VH4...

Well, here's the deal. I love the Einstein and it's the amp I've been looking for all these years and I don't want another Diezel that, comes close to it, more modern, clearer, chimmier etc etc I want "THE" Einstein with another channel and footswitch options. It has to have the Einstein voicing. I hear all the time how the Herbert is more "modern" also..fuck I hate that word because in music it actually means "shit". Every time I hear a so-called "modern" amp, its a piece of shit.

I can't turn the Einstein off, soloing on this thing is a fucking dream come true. When I play my gf and my friends come and watch alot longer than usual. :rock:

yea, if you don't want more modern, don't get any other Diezel. The vh-4 and herbert are more of a modern hi-fi tone.

Dimebag11":e2aaf said:
yea, if you don't want more modern, don't get any other Diezel. The vh-4 and herbert are more of a modern hi-fi tone.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

May I ask why you're getting rid of yours? What didn't you like about it? I'm going to see if I could try a VH4 this week.

FriedChickenBandit":6bb9e said:
Dimebag11":6bb9e said:

Ah, I see. Thanks.

May I ask why you're getting rid of yours? What didn't you like about it? I'm going to see if I could try a VH4 this week.

to me....not Modern enough. I much prefer the Herbert. I play 99% Metal-Metalcore so I need a more modern chunky tone. The VH-4 is a bit too dry and organic for me, almost too tight (vht like). I do love CH2 for good 'ol Marshall tones though....you can get old school marshall tones to 90s hard rock and stuff :rock:

So, I'm selling to fund a Herbert.

"Bubblegum bands of the last few years?"

Tool's been going at it for 16 years now, I believe...

But yeah, Herbert definitely has a "modern" tone. I just think that between the Herb and VH4, you would prefer the Herbert because it is "warmer" to my ears. The VH4 was my least favorite of the Diezel amps I tried...it sounded pretty "cold" to me. However, I only spent an hour with it, and I've been told that it takes a little more time to get great tone from it.

Hamilton":d8a33 said:
"Bubblegum bands of the last few years?"

Tool's been going at it for 16 years now, I believe...

But yeah, Herbert definitely has a "modern" tone. I just think that between the Herb and VH4, you would prefer the Herbert because it is "warmer" to my ears. The VH4 was my least favorite of the Diezel amps I tried...it sounded pretty "cold" to me. However, I only spent an hour with it, and I've been told that it takes a little more time to get great tone from it.

Right on thanks. I don't go for that whole "you have to tweak it" bs. An amp should sound great as soon as you plug into it of course given that you could play, you should be set within minutes (it's been my experience). I never had to tweak any of the classic amps for more than 4 secs. just like the Einstein as soon as I plugged into the Einstein it sounded incredible. :rock:

Just so you know, to me any band that has 1 guitar solo every 6 songs or no solos or complete guitar work is bubblegum.

I need to try them both too first. I know I can try a VH4 but there's no Herbert near.

FriedChickenBandit":4d483 said:
Alright, I said screw it and bought the Einstein Thur. and I've been glued to it since. I love the vintage voicing of the amp and have one question, which of the other 2 Diezel amps have the voicing and sound of the Einstein, Herbert or VH4? I love the vintage 80s sound and need an amp with TONS of mids..TONS, more than Marshall more than a Mark IV :rock:

What has more midrange than a Mark IV ? I found the Einstein to be more scoped than most amps even with the midrange all the way up. The Einstein is a great amp - I do not think I need tell many people in here.

stephen sawall":65d26 said:
FriedChickenBandit":65d26 said:

What has more midrange than a Mark IV ? I found the Einstein to be more scoped than most amps even with the midrange all the way up. The Einstein is a great amp - I do not think I need tell many people in here.

It's funny, it sounds a little scooped but it has a CREAMY tone to it that mostly comes with great mids. It's a strange amp and I can't compare it to anything else.

Fender Prosonics and ToneMasters might have more mids than a MarkIV.

Dimebag11":d6cb3 said:
no offense to Peter, but I think an XTC 101B would be RIGHT up your alley!!!! :rock:

The other Bogner I tried I shut off after 1 minute, I turned the treble down and it didn't help. The Ubberschall piece of crap, $3000 doorstop and it reminds me of the Engls. :jerkit:

And it's weird because I love German anything..the history, the wwII, the incredible H&K firearms..the Scorpions, my favorite Soccer team (them and the powerhouse Brazil) :rawk: the castles that left me confused because I always thought they were so damn huge and when I got to see them in person they were small as hell inside. Germans make some cool shit.

I say you wait for the Schmidt and the Hagen to launch. Then you can compare all things Diezel and make your decision. I also wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of the Einstein, it's the most kickass amp I have ever played/owned/touched.

ToneFreeq89":5bbf8 said:
... I also wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of the Einstein, it's the most kickass amp I have ever played/owned/touched.
Amen to this :)
First post here. Got my Einstein few weeks ago and just can't stop playing it. I played most of the human designed sound transducing systems aiming at producing house leveling sound pressure levels and annoying the closest friend (after your dog) of a human being, i.e. bass guitar players, known as guitar amplifiers and Einstein is pretty much on it's great own here! Does not compare to anything - probably the best amplifier I touched - at least for me :)
Can't see why you can not get enough mids out of it? Have you tried to change the cab or the guitar? I played it through several different cabs, one being loaded with a signle 15" Marshall Celestion Herritage and the only frequencies it had out of the whole sound spectrum were mids and gobs and gobs of mids - but it sounded huge :) Quite the opposite - connected to a 2x12" Framus cab with Vintage 30 - mids were definitely lacking so I had to adjust the MID knob to about 12:00 :D .
If I were you, I would definitely take out my beloved - ahem - amp for a walk to the closest music store and play through every cab available... then who knows ...it can get a brand new present after the walk :)
Another dumb suggestion out of my ignorance - do you crank your amp enough ? :)

synchu":5a1d0 said:
ToneFreeq89":5a1d0 said:
... I also wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of the Einstein, it's the most kickass amp I have ever played/owned/touched.
Amen to this :)
First post here. Got my Einstein few weeks ago and just can't stop playing it. I played most of the human designed sound transducing systems aiming at producing house leveling sound pressure levels and annoying the closest friend (after your dog) of a human being, i.e. bass guitar players, known as guitar amplifiers and Einstein is pretty much on it's great own here! Does not compare to anything - probably the best amplifier I touched - at least for me :)
Can't see why you can not get enough mids out of it? Have you tried to change the cab or the guitar? I played it through several different cabs, one being loaded with a signle 15" Marshall Celestion Herritage and the only frequencies it had out of the whole sound spectrum were mids and gobs and gobs of mids - but it sounded huge :) Quite the opposite - connected to a 2x12" Framus cab with Vintage 30 - mids were definitely lacking so I had to adjust the MID knob to about 12:00 :D .
If I were you, I would definitely take out my beloved - ahem - amp for a walk to the closest music store and play through every cab available... then who knows ...it can get a brand new present after the walk :)
Another dumb suggestion out of my ignorance - do you crank your amp enough ? :)

Oh, nono, you misunderstand. There's nothing I'd change about the amp's tone, NOTHING. I was being stupid thinking more footswitching options would be worth getting something else and that's why I asked which one had more mids so I could replace the Einstein with that but I'm not getting anything else now. I'm keeping the Einstein since it's exactly what I like as far as tone, I just didn't want to be left out by not being able to switch modes but nothing else. I was mostly curious of which of the two other Diezel's had the Einstein voicing.

Thanks for all the replies guys. :thumbsup:

Back